The story of Senja

The story of Senja

A Story by AleFaeN
"

Its skin white like snow

"

Chapter 1

The dark ruins smelled of old stone and moss, no place was safe to step, as ancient magic still lurked in the cobblestones. Senja had no idea what time it was, but 3 am was her guess, her gut told her so. This was her first solo hunt, and she had no idea what she would encounter.

There she saw it, 100 yards away. It had a tall, slim figure, covered in a worn fur coat. It turned, revealing its face. The horrific sight left Senja stunned, its skin white like snow, eyes of pure darkness, two endless holes in the snow. After a second Senja drew her bow, lining the shot. A moment of silence as she emptied her lungs, and her arrow flew with Godspeed.

-Snap- the demon caught her arrow mid air, only inches away from its head, and a smile appeared on its face. It showed rotten teeth slowly turning into a slick grin. A screeching sound filled the air, Senja needed multiple moments before she realized what this was. The demon was laughing at her.  “YOU CAME HERE TO KILL, DID YOU NOT SENJA?” it yelled while it tried to hold back its laughter.


She knew she had to flee or finish what she started. Each second the demon had, her chances of doing either disappeared like water between her fingers, all while her heartbeat quickened. All it took was one split second. Senja turned on her heel and she ran. She ran like her life depended on it, because it did.

“ARE YOU NOT EVEN GONNA ASK MY NAME?” It yelled, failing to contain its laughter. the creature's speed was nothing like she ever had seen, it closed in on her, its screeching laughter cutting through the dark night. Senja ran as fast as her feet let her, jumping from stone to stone, over holes and onto a roof. suddenly a silence struck the night, and Senja stopped out of pure surprise. “Where did it go?” she asked herself, wondering if she had lost it. A sudden chill crept down Senja’s neck as the creature appeared behind her, “My name is Orinik” it whispered into her ear.

Its cold hands wrapped around her neck like an iron chain, Senja fought and struggled, until her vision blurred and she accepted her death. Suddenly the cracked stone roof they stood on, fell to the ground. Years of wind, rain and wear had not been easy, and this extra weight was too much for it to handle. Both Senja and Orinik was caught in the rumble, but Senja was the lucky one, she got free. Senja drew her knife, walked up to the trapped demon, And cut its throat. this time, luck was on her side.

© 2017 AleFaeN


Author's Note

AleFaeN
-- Work in progress --
This is the start of my first real story, planned to be a 5 chapters, this is all i have for now, but i have no idea where to take it next.
Im happy for any advice, grammar or general ideas on how to continue.
All my new/experimental progress can be found here, as i most likely will only update when i finnish each chapter.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ae8z5jMJvhycdQL9MBaoXjAym-Va1CEputrOhB17LtU/edit

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I have many grammatical comments as well as some structural ones. Some of your spelling is off and punctuation too. The concept of the story is nice. If you'd like I wouldn't mind assisting with ideas and such for the furthering of this story. my email is [email protected]. Hit me up if you're interested.

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

207 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 21, 2017
Last Updated on July 22, 2017
Tags: Demon, Ghost, Ghosts, Hunter, night, ruins, wraith, spirit, devil, action, fantasy, death, story, workinprogress

Author

AleFaeN
AleFaeN

Norway



About
Hi there! my name is Alexander, but you can call me Ale. i recently started writing (Jan 2017) and have a deep love for fantasy and scifi. I have never been a fan of planning my writing, and i mos.. more..