The Pupil

The Pupil

A Story by Adrian X Fuentess
"

Memories of the Undead

"
I'm okay with being middle class, or even poor, -he said.
All I want is teach.

Sometimes we forget to have a purpose in life, something to keep us motivated. Some people get a job because that's all the can get, and have no choice; some others get a career because they're achieving their dreams, they say. But not Thomas. He's got passion, a quality that many lack nowadays. People is consumed in their problems which is okay, they're going to do what they have to do. The rest, however, are brainwashed by society that they have to succeed in order to be someone in life.

Where is their heart, though? -Thomas asks.

Those with a job have a reason to do what they're doing -most of them have a family. Yet, what about those with bigger goals? Do they do it for the money or just because they're expected to? What do THEY really want? Do any of them want to just chill for a year or so and enjoy life? Actually ENJOY life. Take some time to slow down, and avoid the mistakes that they might make in the hurry to do their thing.

American youth should consider a year gap after high school to clear their heads and know what they want for themselves. There is more to life than twenty years of school in a row. There should be more to life, period.
Thomas doesn't want the money or the fame. He refused law school, it's not in him; he refused medical school, maybe someone who really love the profession will take his spot in that subject. What Thomas wants is to stand in front of the classroom and share what he knows. He wants to help children get interested in school, in reading, in writing; he wants to make sure that the future generation is aware of how much they can find in books. Knowledge is the most valuable treasure that everyone should have access to. That's his goal in life. Is it too low? Is it too naive? What is YOUR GOAL in life?

© 2012 Adrian X Fuentess


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

229 Views
Added on November 22, 2012
Last Updated on November 22, 2012

Author

Adrian X Fuentess
Adrian X Fuentess

Omaha, NE



About
English is my second language, so i do appreciate some pointers in my grammar. Thanks for stopping by, and please feel free to leave me some feedback and coming back. i will return the favor. more..

Writing