If I were an angel, I would have been Lucifer

If I were an angel, I would have been Lucifer

A Poem by Adelana Victor
"

This reflective prose poem delves into the philosophical and existential questions surrounding the story of Lucifer, the fallen angel.

"
If I were an angel, I would have been Lucifer. Not for the darkness or the rebellion, but for the light I once held and the questions that burned within. Lucifer, the Morning Star, the bearer of light, who shone with unparalleled brilliance before the fall. In that light, there is a story of pride, ambition, and the desire to understand the boundaries of one's own existence.
Lucifer's tale is one of beauty and tragedy, a reflection on the nature of free will and the consequences of our choices. As an angel, Lucifer was not content with blind obedience. He sought to challenge, to explore the depths of his own power and the fabric of creation. In his defiance, there is a spark of something profoundly human -a desire for autonomy, for knowledge, for the ability to shape one's own destiny.
If I were an angel, I too would have questioned the order of things. I would have looked beyond the celestial harmony and wondered about the meaning of my existence. In Lucifer's quest for self-determination, I see a mirror to our own struggles as humans, grappling with our place in the universe and the limits of our freedom.
Lucifer's fall is a reminder of the fine line between aspiration and hubris. His journey from the highest heavens to the depths of hell is a cautionary tale about the perils of overreaching. Yet, it is also a story of immense courage, of a being who dared to defy the most powerful force in existence in pursuit of his own truth.
To be Lucifer is to embody a paradox - a being of light turned into a symbol of darkness, a figure of rebellion who once epitomized divine beauty. It is to understand that within each of us lies the potential for both great good and profound error. Lucifer's story urges us to reflect on our own ambitions, our own desires to push beyond the limits, and the consequences that may follow.
If I were an angel, I would have embraced the light of Lucifer, not for the fall, but for the audacity to seek more. For in that seeking, there is a recognition of our own potential, a reminder that even in our darkest moments, we are driven by the same spark that once made Lucifer the brightest star in the sky.

© 2024 Adelana Victor


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

49 Views
Added on July 10, 2024
Last Updated on July 10, 2024
Tags: Philosophy, Heaven, Lucifer, Morning Star, Light Bearer, Free will, knowledge, Rebel, fall

Author

Adelana Victor
Adelana Victor

Lagos, Lagos State, Nigeria



Writing