A Chance Encounter

A Chance Encounter

A Chapter by Adam, the Grub Street Lodger

I saw her at the bus stop by the Chinese fish and chip shop.


    She was beautiful. She was tidy. She was clean. She had an actual style, an actual dress sense. She stood as if she knew it too. 


I’m not impressive. I’m slouch-shouldered. I dress from the floor. I like to have my hands in my pockets. I like to tilt my head and watch people. I would never get any sort of response from her. I said hello anyway.

“Hello,” I said.

“Hello,” she said back to me. She smiled and did not look at her shoes. I tried to smile back. It came out of one side of my face, but it was a smile.

“Are you waiting for a bus?” I asked. It was a stupid question but I couldn’t think of anything else.

“Yes,” she said. It was the answer I had expected.

“Which one?” I asked. The number nineteen pulled up.

“This one,” she said and got on. It was a pity. I was getting on the three-nine-five.



© 2012 Adam, the Grub Street Lodger


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

199 Views
Added on June 29, 2012
Last Updated on June 29, 2012
Tags: Daniil kharms, ministories, flash fiction, incidences, relationships


Author

Adam, the Grub Street Lodger
Adam, the Grub Street Lodger

London, United Kingdom



About
My novel, 'Death of a Dreamonger' is on sale now. Order your copy at www.britainsnextbestseller.co.uk A video to explain who's who and what's what (2 mins). more..

Writing