Mr. Chanders

Mr. Chanders

A Story by Acixs Rybout
"

I don't even know if this is any good, or if I should even bother continuing it. Let me know what you think, ok?

"

I sketched the last details in on the creature I had created, it didn't have a name yet but it looked rather odd like most of the things I drew. Closing my sketch book I grabbed my backpack, and headed into the gloomy halls of midtown high school once more. Lunch wasn't even halfway over meaning I had time to kill, so I went to the library.

The librarian Mrs. Quoe, gave me a glance as I opened the door.
"Welcome back Arick, I'm assuming you skipped lunch again today?" She asked and without waiting for my response chucked an apple my way. I caught it and headed to my usual corner of the library,
"Don't make a mess!" She called over her shoulder as she went back to work.
"I know better than that Mrs. Quoe." I called back, as I slipped between two bookshelves and dropped my backpack on the small table. Biting into the apple I snatched a book off the shelf, Anderson's Guide to Poisons.

I was halfway through the chapter about arsenic when the bell rang. Placing the book back on the shelf I grabbed my bag and tossed the apple core in the trash on my way out. Time for fifth period, English. Jogging up the stairs I slipped through the crowded halls, I didn't bother to stop by my locker I already had everything I needed. As usual I was one of the first students to enter the room, I paused slightly seeing a substitute today. My surprise was mostly due to the fact the Mr. Varns didn't seem to believe in the phrase sick leave.

After taking a seat at the back of the class, I studied the sub. He was pale with dark brown hair high cheekbones and bored looking pale blue eyes. The sub seemed distinctly uninterested in everything around him, but I have spent years watching people and their reactions which allowed him to pick up on the slight stiffness of the mans muscles and how he had his ear pointed directly at the door. He's listening for something, I concluded. During my investigation of the man the classroom had filled. The bell rang a few moments later, and the sub stood.

"Hello class my name is Mr. Chander," his jaw twitched he's unused to saying that name, that not his name he's lying. "But you all can call me Mr. C, alright are there any questions?" Jamie a kid near the front raised his hand, Mr.'Chander' checked the seating chart in his hand. "Yes, uh Jamie?"
"What happened to Mr. Varns?"
"Your teacher quit this morning, so I will be taking over until the end of the year."

Sarah a girl to Jamie's left raised her hand and without waiting to be called on asked, "you mean he's not coming back?" You could practically feel the tension in the air as every student eagerly awaited an answer.
"No Mr. Varns will not be returning." The classroom erupted into cheers, I didn't cheer I mean don't get me wrong I was happy that horrible teacher was gone but Mr. 'Chander' freaked me out a bit and I didn't know why.

As class was drawing to an end Mr.'Chander' spoke up,
"Mr. Reems I would like to talk to you after school today." S**t ok, well s**t creepy teacher wants to talk to me alone, s**t. Keeping my face as impassive as possible I replied,
"Of corse sir, I'll see you after school." I couldn't focus for the rest of day.

© 2015 Acixs Rybout


Author's Note

Acixs Rybout
I'm horrible at grammar and spelling so if you see a mistake please let me know so I can fix it

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
Added on September 21, 2015
Last Updated on September 21, 2015

Author

Acixs Rybout
Acixs Rybout

FL



Writing
Bad Day Bad Day

A Story by Acixs Rybout


Blinded Blinded

A Story by Acixs Rybout