Chapter 5 - On the Second day in North

Chapter 5 - On the Second day in North

A Chapter by Little Sparrow

Chapter 5

 

I woke up, stood up and began stretching my stiff body parts from last night's sleep. I began fixing the bed, then I noticed the other side of it was not used. It means, Kane didn't sleep with me last night. Or maybe he didn't even went home. But, I'm still wondering what happened to them, especially to Kane.

 

After fixing the bed, I decided to take a bath. While taking a bath, I was wondering if Kane was still a stranger to me. Of course, he is still a stranger but it's not like the way I felt for him when we first met. I felt that I've known him better than before. But, I still feel that I need to get know of him more. I'm eager to know him more, too.

 

I got dressed, and went downstairs. The group of women left already. I found Mark, Nicole, and Susan in the living room. I said, "Good morning.." Susan asked, "How's your sleep?" I replied while getting a cup of coffee, "Better than I thought." Nicole asked to sit down beside her. So, I sat down near her and she handed me a platter filled with toasts and bacon. I said, "Thanks." Then I decided to start the conversation.

 

"You know, when I woke in the morning after Kane and I mated, Kane prepared a breakfast for me." They laughed then Nicole said, "Is it bad?" Then Mark laughed even harder. I said, "It's not that bad, actually, it's good." Susan spoke, "Kane, even though he's the Alpha, wants to learn how to cook. Unfortunately, those are the only things he knows how to cook because that's what I only taught him."

 

When the laughter went down, I asked them, "So, what happened last night? Is Kane fine?" Mark spoke, "Should I say it? Isn't it's Kane's position to tell you?" I replied, "You know, I'm just getting worried. And if I am going to live here, isn't it my right to know?" Mark sighed and said, "Susan and Nicole doesn't know either, so I'm going to tell you three."

 

We all sat down and Mark continued, "The search started at ten o'clock, because we still planned the search the whole afternoon. At twelve fifteen, we found the group in tip of the northern peninsula. They were shot in their arms and lost a lot of blood, but all of them will be fine. They are all in the clinic of Anna to recover." Mark turned to me and said, "Anna is the pack's nurse and clinic manager. Even though she's pure human, she can be trusted."

 

So Mark continued the story after he took a sip of his coffee. "Kane stayed in the clinic with them because he's wants to be there once they all wake up. Of course, to know the whole story. When he first asked the first two men who woke up, they said they don't know who shot them all. He asked all of the ones who were awake but they don't know or doesn't have any clues who shot them. Kane's last chance to know the one, who did all of these, is in Justine and Richard's hands. Because they are the ones who are still not recovering yet. When the two men woke up and got into their consciousness, Kane asked them immediately." Mark stopped for another sip of coffee.

 

"Kane, Kale and I are surprised with their answer." He continued as he put his cup down, "They told us that they are the last one who was shot so they had the chance to take a sniff. When they both sniff, they had same guess. They smelled... Dan's scent. Kane told us not to mention it to anybody." We are all shocked with what we heard from Mark, especially Susan. They whispered their thoughts but I kept mine to myself. I get the feeling that something's wrong here. That is impossible. Dan had been set up. He won't do that because he loves this pack so much.

 

My deep thoughts were cut off when Mark called my name. Kane have arrived from the clinic. I was still affected with what happen but I didn't show my emotions to Kane. We hugged each other and, as always, he kissed me on my forehead. He asked me how was my day, I said it was great. Susan told him that he should leave me for the first day. Then he turned to me, "I am sorry for leaving you yesterday. Will you forgive me?" I nodded.

 

I motioned him to go upstairs. When we are in the room, Kane closed the door behind him and walked towards me. We hugged each other for a couple of minutes, then he kissed me on my lips. It isn't just a kiss, it is a warm and loving kiss. I felt that he longed for a kiss because he is so stressed with all the works. Then, I broke the kiss and told him to have a bath. While he is taking a bath, I prepared all the things he's going to use.

 

While fixing his things on the bed, I was thinking, "Am I caring and responsible enough? Can I take good care of Kane? Do I have the characteristics of an Alpha female?" Those thoughts were cut off when Kane went out of the bathroom. "You okay?" I nodded slightly.

 

He is getting dressed, so I face the window. "That window you're facing is the direction of your old home. I felt that he hugged me and whispered to my ear, "Please, sleep with me." It was awkward but I understand his longing for comfort, so I agreed. I lied down on my pillow, facing my table lamp. I felt Kane lied down, too. He kept on moving, like he's looking for his comfortable position. I felt him pulling me closer to him. Then, he hugged me from the back. I crouch and he did too. He put his arms on top of mine. We are like a human ball. Even though it's kind of weird, but I felt safe. As he finished finding his comfortable position, he fell asleep.

 

I was trying to escape his arms, but it was no use. So, I lifted up his arm slowly, trying not to wake him up. At first, he got a little awake. But, I succeeded with my plan in the end. While tiptoeing out, I grabbed his dirty clothes to wash them downstairs. I looked back at Kane, who is still sleeping soundly, walked to him, and kissed his forehead. I saw him smile after that, so I laughed quietly and headed downstairs.

 



© 2012 Little Sparrow


Author's Note

Little Sparrow
Please put review!! :)) Thanks!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on August 31, 2012
Last Updated on August 31, 2012
Tags: werewolves, love, fantasy, fiction


Author

Little Sparrow
Little Sparrow

Madrid, Spain



About
Hello, my name is Abrianna. I was born in Madrid but I didn't grew up there. :)) I love to smile, sing, text, laugh, have a good time, and be with my loved ones. Most importantly, writing! I discover.. more..

Writing