Of Mice & Fathers: Ale-Side Walk

Of Mice & Fathers: Ale-Side Walk

A Story by Abishai100
"

Portrait of negotiations of fathers-sons 'consciousness' for both billiards and beef.

"
Fathers-sons portrait, inspired by my fascination with Turgenev
----


====

I had to negotiate something complex after defeating my father (Emit) in a game of billiards in New England, and it was that he'd been secretly harboring very competitive angst-feelings with me, and I didn't know it, as I pursued my own life-ambitions for sanity/consciousness (Facebook-like!).



I decided to make this journal entry on my desktop, with my handy-dandy computer-mouse, and I thought about the mice of Earth, scurrying around and learning from each other to do good tasks of labor for reward, as I'd done to pursue my goals and achieve what I saw as fitness; and all the while unknowing of Emit's serious competition-angst in him. The billiards-game was close, and I was lucky to win, and I write this expression for my Selfie-age of readings of the incomplete feelings of human/alien vanities (sure!).



EMIT: I thought I was the Pied Piper of Hamelin, sonny.
ME: I guessed that, father (ha).
EMIT: I defeated greats in billiards streets, you know.
ME: I guessed that, father (ha).
EMIT: Be wary not to become Danger-Mouse, sonny.
ME: I guessed that, father (ha).



I took Emit's counsel to heart; he'd made me realize that he'd been sensitized to the world culture(s) of manmade bureaucracy arts, and that's why (I guessed) he cultivated that horrid leaf of envy, with his own little boy (ha). Well, I was off to the United Kingdom for a screening of a cinema expression for what made Earthling lines of sovereignty/danger a real fathers-sons 'feeling' for the vanities of leviathan/uncertainty (sure!).



GIRLFRIEND: Chowder?
ME: Manhattan or New England.
GIRLFRIEND: You like New England.
ME: Patriots.
GIRLFRIEND: Over father?
ME: Doesn't matter...for art's mice (chores).



"Doing well is the result of doing good. That's what capitalism is all about" (Ralph Waldo Emerson). 

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2024 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

65 Views
Added on September 28, 2024
Last Updated on September 28, 2024
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing