Collegiate Checkpoint(s)

Collegiate Checkpoint(s)

A Story by Abishai100
"

Portrait/diorama/expression of what makes collegiate contest-windows, and key-memoirs of sports adjective an Earthling 'IQ' of incomplete-thesauruses.

"
An homage-line to that unforgettable 1992 NCAA men's basketball tournament. Thanks for reading! 
DISCLAIMER: This work of sports fiction offers no ties to any representative person(s)/body (e.g., March MadnessDuke University, etc.) and all images/references used herein therefore comprise a purely 'personal' expression for social arts (for 'open' views/interpretations). 

----


====

I was thinking of a special moment in my emerging/emerged social media culture of sportsmanship/net commentary readings of net-securities for globalism rhetoric and life/activity access-consciousness linked Earthling interest for investors/fans and remembered that forever-magic of the 1992 men's college basketball tournament. The 1992 March Madness 'event' of the 20th-Century saw incredible talents and teams like Nick Van Exel and the Fab-5 of Michigan and a Duke champion-outfit seeking a pronounced repeat-title for national-TV and a Duke-Kentucky theater in Philly that would be hailed as a memory of eternal contest-windows for student-culture IQ (wow). I thought about this deeply and recounted a special moment in Duke's successful repeat-title quest in that iconic '92 NCAA men's tourney (televised!), in which Coach K's awesome Duke Blue Devils squared off against the mighty Indiana Hoosiers of legend-coach Bob Knight who boasted an incredible 'wild-star' athlete of prowess/adaptation (Calbert Cheaney). Wow, I thought about the ghost-magic of that TV-moment in time (Facebook-like!).



Duke was court-marshaled in that '92 TV-moment in American/Earthling time by the inimitable calm-handed field 'general' of sorts, the Blue Devils' legendary smart-guard Bob Hurley who was the best-hope for his team to balance-out the Indiana Hoosiers' hot-and-unpredictable wild man (Calbert Cheaney) in the Final Four semifinal (damn). It was theater worth a card-collector purchase.



Coach K had mentioned that he (honestly!) doubted the Blue Devils would've marched past a very-hot Indiana team, coached by his once-mentor Bob Knight, or surmounted the wild-prowess of unpredictable super athlete Calbert Cheaney were it not for that cold/cool court-general IQ of Duke's legend smart-guard (Bob Hurley). It was the truth, I felt, and any card-collector of sports-adjective metaphysics for superstitions of Earthling contest-windows 'intuitions' would agree (sure).



SORCERESS: I appear to you in a dream-sleep vision, Earth-man.
ME: I'm dreaming, and I know it; but you're some adversarial sorceress for message here.
SORCERESS: I challenge your special Duke-Indiana '92 diorama for superstitions in games, prince.
ME: I do know the game you reference, sorceress; Hurley's temperature-hand cooled Indiana.
SORCERESS: A fair-exchange languages-reading for the mysteries of competition's veils, sure.
ME: Well, I guess it made a Blue-Devil (super fan) of me, sorceress.
SORCERESS: Good...use this 'image' fiction to cast a superstition line about American vanity.
ME: What's it?
SORCERESS: Something about the gates to the depths of complex resonance (Selfie-like).
ME: For the Ego...a dream-sleep message worth its weight in silvery chess (fair).
SORCERESS: Good...don't fail, prince.



STORY_EXCERPT: "The Devils-Hoosiers theater of '92 for social media readings of words and contests was simply leviathan-medicine for uncertainty/doubt...the Earth-prince (Mr. Amlan Satan) thought (deeply-now) why the basketball stage of Earthling network 'culture' made for fortune-readings 'consciousness' of Blue-Planet chips...sure, America was all lines for risk/chess, and Duke-Indiana became some superstition for Mr. Amlan Satan, for citizenry-qualia...his wife insisted he unwind to some folk-friendly half-fiction tale of incomplete-lines readings to the 'darkness' of Earth's (very-special) speed."



That sorceress (if she was real) moved me to that special casting of that iconic '92 media-culture moment on Earth, the Duke-Indiana Final Four semifinal theater (Hurley/Cheaney, etc.) for Western (American Homeland) contest windows of special ghost-magic adjective. I wondered if it was Pulitzer-caliber work (for good class). I wondered if collegiate-cleats and TV-consciousness made our American society some signpost for human race membrane (for doubts).



"Doing well is the result of doing good. That's what capitalism is all about" (Ralph Waldo Emerson). 

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2024 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

32 Views
Added on September 26, 2024
Last Updated on September 26, 2024
Tags: Sports Media

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing