Orange Shoe: American Quicksand

Orange Shoe: American Quicksand

A Story by Abishai100
"

Fan diorama tell of the iconic '91 Orange Bowl (rematch) media age 'event' for college-access 'literacy' in the States.

"
A cool Saturday-AM '91 Orange Bowl fan diorama (fictional). 
----


====

Hello, reader; allow me to present my special memory of the 1991 Orange Bowl which featured an Orange-State rematch of the '90 Bowl and micro-rivalry theater of Notre Dame Irish football squaring-off against hot-challenger Colorado (Buffaloes) in what became a late-game last-minute heroics call-back (penalty-shock!) that yielded a final 9-10 loss for the Irish and a triumph/revenge for Colorado. It was a special moment in college-athletics access media in the West (American Homeland) for spy-games of student-life culture endorsed by national TV audiences and stamped Lou Holtz's Irish side as a historic American culture-standard for 'educational' sports-Selfie commentary (and YouTube cool!).



I grew up admiring the evolution of video-game systems like Atari and Sega and Xbox and happened to be a Holtz-era Irish (football!) super fan; and the '91 Bowl saw a punt-return TD (by the Notre Dame's fave runner "Rocket") call-back because of penalty-confirmation that rendered a 10-9 win for rival Buffaloes. In my computer/TV/Internet culture of growing-up in the Homeland, I knew (instantly!) the '91 Orange media 'light' was my generation's special leaf for tech-and-toylands recall.



Who doesn't like those stampeding buffaloes being tracked by Kevin Costner in that iconic epic 3-hour saga about incomplete-arts for culture-clash and education in the bowl of cinema/media culture memoirs for Earthling cleats? That's what Colorado wanted, a stampede (for revenge!) in the '91 Orange Bowl event. That's what they achieved (with that TD-return callback for a penalty-shock!). It was simply my Selfie-age dodecahedron (for good fiction/fantasy).



Well, the 1st-Q of the Irish-Buffalo theater in '91 saw scoreless defense pride for both forces. Lou Holtz looked pensive (sure). However, the next 2 quarters would see a reversal of fortunes; with the Irish pulling ahead 6-3, and Colorado responding in the 3rd 7-3. The 4th was scoreless to the end, with once-again defense pride for both forces (wow). Until that last minute TD-return callback, the '91 Orange Bowl was simply what media-age audiences craved...contest cleats for Hell.



There's much spice for Irish-Catholic student-life access in my great American Homeland; and the Irish-American population in the States thinks sometimes of those 'Troubles' in Europe (between Ireland-England) and the fortune of Americans cheering Irish-football for transcendence of the worst qualia of our human race of thornberries (damn).



I wasn't always American. I'm an immigrant and Catholic-convert; but I appreciated the fan-spirit and media-age access to '91 Orange Bowl (e.g., YouTube uploads) as an immigrant-resident/citizen learning to appreciate what makes/made the pluralism adjective of American life simply theater for the Ego.



While I enjoyed powdery doughnut holes ('Munchkins') and viewed the '91 Orange Bowl on YouTube in my Homeland-Jersey town-home, i thought (deeply-now) why college-rivalry theater was an Earthling sign for Heaven. Was this free language for chat(s)?



"Doing well is the result of doing good. That's what capitalism is all about" (Ralph Waldo Emerson). 

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2024 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

24 Views
Added on September 21, 2024
Last Updated on September 21, 2024
Tags: Sports Media

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing