October-Harvest: A QB Parallax

October-Harvest: A QB Parallax

A Story by Abishai100
"

A retirement-view of harvest-season football 'universe' Americans yields a condition of darkness in a purchased farm-land barn with a chased woman made by a specter of thickness.

"
An American spook-tale. 
----


====

SHELBYE: You want us to retire from our American field football positions to manage a dairy/farm?
AMLAN: I've made $15M on Wall-St. and can afford this retreat for just our trio of patriots.
MARCUS: I guess this is some patriot-line for October-season harvest-like decisions of the Ego!
SHELBYE: Wow, money changes all (even football!).
AMLAN: Good (Facebook-like).



Amlan and Shelbye and Marcus, three friends of football fields in the American Homeland, decided to whisk-away to a retirement view of post-coaching life to become special farm/dairy managers and enjoy the Earthling sunset of wrought cleats for comforts, and they thought honestly-now it'd be Facebook-like, but they were about to face a face of pure-darkness challenging their homely/patriot view for social media 'friendly' living/nets (for leviathan).



One dark but gorgeous starry night in the barn they purchased which they intended to restore/refurbish but were (now) simply enjoying as a campfire sausage-cook hot-plate Saturday's Eve in '24, a media-society figure, an American lady, knocked furiously on their barn-door, noticing there was a light lit inside. Amlan had to wonder if it was some art or prank for October (Halloween?).



WOMAN: Goodness me, you three have to aid me now.
AMLAN: What's your story?
WOMAN: What're you doing in this shaky barn, man?
AMLAN: I used to be a QB, and then coach; we retired to refurbish a dairy/farm land.
WOMAN: You must help me, man...there's this 'Scarecrow' in a truck chasing me (in my car!).
AMLAN: You sped-away, because your sports-car is fast-enough and saw the light in our barn.
WOMAN: Can you hide me in here (we can turn the lights out and he'll drive by).
AMLAN: Thinking it's an abandoned barn; good for cinema (ha).



This Scarecrow was a real beast. He was the nature of the beast (wow). He was in an eerie mask, and it was Halloween, and he had a tie on, driving an eerie truck, chasing this media-society lady who'd been cross-country driving for the fun of it; the Scarecrow chased the woman to the barn where Amlan/Shelbye/Marcus were enjoying an October harvest-season campfire song. Amlan knew she wasn't making a prank of drunken claim now. She showed them a photo of the truck she took with her smartphone while speeding away from it during the afternoon (wow). This wasn't Facebook-like (sure).



AMLAN: "What does he want; is this the Devil destroying some Earthling image (Halloween)? I have to think this is raw-Hell, pals. We'll shield the good-lady here with the lights off. If this Scarecrow appears in his truck and suit-and-tie, I'll make some kind of fire-weapon with our kerosene. What's he got that we do not (for the Ego)?"



This is a scary tale of an American Tragedy. The Scarecrow did appear, and he rammed into the barn in his truck, psychically sensing the woman he chased was hiding inside (with Amlan/Shelbye/Marcus). Amlan used his fire-weapon to burn the beastly man of Hellmouth(s), but the eerie masked-man fired his antique crossbow arrow right into Amlan's chest before he himself was burned to death inside that magical barn (Facebook-like?).



Shelbye cheered the miracle and mourned the great October tragedy upon returning from the farm-barn with some world-fare reflection (Indian) luchi-bread thanksgiving diner-plate chat(s) in Boston-town, thinking deeply-now of those incomplete-distances readings of the leviathan/uncertainty of Earth-fields ghosts (for the mortal thoughts). Was the Scarecrow deconstructionist (for diner-chat)?



"Doing well is the result of doing good. That's what capitalism is all about" (Ralph Waldo Emerson). 

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2024 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

38 Views
Added on September 20, 2024
Last Updated on September 20, 2024
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing