A Field of 'Republics': American Show/Case

A Field of 'Republics': American Show/Case

A Story by Abishai100
"

Portrait of what makes sports (baseball or softball!) an image of wrought win-loss chronicle for the (American) soul.

"
A baseball love-letter, inspired (very-loosely) by Casey at the Bat
DISCLAIMER: This work of creative fiction contains images/references with no commercial/explicit ties to any representative person(s)/body (e.g., Ernest Thayer) and is cast as purely a 'personal' expression for social art (for 'open' views).

----


====

I was making a special Summer league fantasy image in motion, casting myself for my newly outfitted American baseball youthful team, with my designed uniforms of course, for a special pirates-language fantasy-tale of triumph and loss-resilience for Earthling competition biases (Selfie-like!).



STORY_EXCERPT: "Wow, mighty Amlan stepped to the bat and he felt like an old-hat with an old sheet as a Casper or ghost...wow the pitch came and he didn't hit the first 2, which was a shock to all who knew (him!)...the 3rd ball came and flew, and not like a strike but like a stew-tale for home-run lore, reaching faraway to get Amlan (a hero!) to 3rd base...well, it's not as if Amlan knew that loss would be without any stew, and yet we know (now!) that the acquisition had found a special hero-villain charge (for the few)."



WIFE: Great look for an Earthling face, Mister Pirate you.
ME: Thanx for the vote-of-faith, my dove of softball.
WIFE: Softball's as sharp as (men's) baseball, pal!
ME: Sure it is...for a shoe (engineering shout).
WIFE: Good humor (Selfie-like).
ME: You're the best.



"Doing well is the result of doing good. That's what capitalism is all about" (Ralph Waldo Emerson). 

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2024 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

51 Views
Added on September 11, 2024
Last Updated on September 11, 2024
Tags: Fantasy

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing