Capitalist Xylophone {Islanders}

Capitalist Xylophone {Islanders}

A Story by Abishai100
"

Fictional portrait of bound-Romanticism in the Ivory Coast for chocolate, competition, a wayward prince reformed, and an island of thinking.

"
Another nod to that wonderful place of Cote d'Ivoire
----

====

I'm Amlan Satan (Algerian-American). I was roaming around New England, hopping around in billiards-bars at night, living off my princely-inherited fortunes and challenging street-gunners in pool and making a small-splash having developed my hands/eyes for that table-game of ball-stick aim and fire shooting in pockets for quick or slanted-slow placements for targets and vanity. It dawned on me that I wasn't applying my princely-status or fortunes for any public 'deed' of expression and decided to move to the Ivory Coast and become a confectioner-capitalist, investing in a special candy-store in the capital-city of that West African nation of great cocoa-beans and AFCON (world-soccer) social media fanfare for Selfie-faces.



Now, Cote d'Ivoire ("Ivory-Coast") had seen much in intrigue in motions of peoples and clans and kingdoms and ivory-trade and eventually much cocoa-production and trade (exports) stamping the African nation as a world-leader in the chocolate creation industry (wow). It defied French colonial rule and waved through politics 'troubles' to become its own special haven, which is why I sought a venture for adventurism and self-made dignity and made my candy-store (Wonderland) a cool testament to Earth transit/customs for helmets and cleats (ha). This was Selfie-like!



Sure, I was fascinated and vitalized as a once-wayward billiards-hall Western Algerian-American US-citizen prince of money. Cote d'Ivoire had my attention, and I got myself a great work on the nature of negotiations for wrought customs/exchange of verifiable socialized intelligence for commerce and life and why the 'civil war' phenomenon cast both doubt about relations potential-energy and energization about reinventions of customs-borders for profit-thinking. I was intrigued and studied Ivory-Coast 'troubles' of civil war orientations and clan-disputes preceding stabilizations of its great cocoa-beans and trade helmets for world capitalism confidence (wow).



AYA: You want to marry me.
ME: You'll be my candy-shop manager of relations/philosophy in the Ivory Coast, Aya.
AYA: This is race-intrigue, surely, darling.
ME: We're in love, it's not that complex, surely.
AYA: You know my uncle owns that rival confectionary in the capital-city.
ME: Consider this a treaty of adjective for an unfounded civil war between capitalist 'family' value.
AYA: Damn (Facebook-like).



BUTRA: You dating that American (Algerian?) musketeer, daughter?
AYA: His store is really cool, daddy.
BUTRA: This is outrageous; there's already Ivory Coast street-talk he's Peter Pan (or something!).
AYA: He's a Romanticist; reborn for shedding of prince-vanity snake-skin, daddy.
BUTRA: You better have no doubt here/now; my confectionary was once supreme.
AYA: This is a union of capitalist-souls, as Amlan Satan says (to me).
BUTRA: Selfie-like?



Aya and I ran our own smaller store and it flourished. The union of capitalist brain-imagery made for 'cool' Cote d'Ivoire talk, and it fueled battery-action for consumerism toys and adjectives and I felt like Romeo or Peter Pan himself. This was excellence; and Aya was the queen-diplomat of a healthy Ivory Coast chocolatier rivalry good for peace and social media prestige 'cleats' for leviathan-evasions (sure). This was Facebook-like (for the Ego!).



I got myself a Fiero and drove around Aya. All was beautiful in the Ivory Coast, and I felt like a real man (ha). However this was somehow unpredictability-smoke; for something more complex was to follow us, like the machinery-slick of my Fiero (damn).



Butra, Aya's father, brought in some media-PR excellence to challenge my grip on the streets of Cote d'Ivoire chocolate-talk (damn). Suddenly, I found myself thrust back into the Western vanities of capitalism-less magazine-indulgence slick consciousness. I was different now. What could I do, for Aya (Facebook-like)?



BUTRA: You want a public spotlight co-investment in Rayovac (batteries)?
ME: Think it, father-in-law; your company, my company, investing in consumerism trophy.
BUTRA: Batteries?
ME: A simplified gesture of leviathan-evasions; we think consumer electronics (all).
BUTRA: Idealism.
ME: Preferred to the indulgences for manmade 'civil wars' between capitalists of style, no?
BUTRA: Fine (visit my estate and we'll generate the customs languages).
ME: Selfie-like (ok).



SHELBYE: I'm intrigued by this cyber-homeschooling adjunct with chocolate-kitchen class.
ME: That's why I brought you to the Ivory Coast, Ms. Harris (ha).
SHELBYE: You fancy yourself as some Peter Pan of Neverland (I see).
ME: Your teachings, Aya's chocolate recipes, Cote d'Ivoire social community value.
SHELBYE: Earth's quite development (ok).
ME: It's settled...we're an island of candy field goals (for the Ego!).



"Doing well is the result of doing good. That's what capitalism is all about" (Ralph Waldo Emerson). 

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2024 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

52 Views
Added on July 30, 2024
Last Updated on July 30, 2024
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing