Finland/New-England: B+

Finland/New-England: B+

A Story by Abishai100
"

Narrated travel-account (Boston-Helsinki) highlighting what is 'knowledge' for human-transit dodecahedrons (for the Ego).

"
A world-traveler yarn loosely inspired by Before Sunrise (Ethan Hawke). 
----


====

My cross-continent journey departing from Boston-town was to take me to the snowy-Xmas capital city of Helsinki (Finland) where I'd seek-out some special ornamental prototypical culture-handshake design chess-set to bring back home for my Selfie-age of culture/transit readings for the Ego. Follow along!



I had considered myself something of an Earth prince, a Wall-St. investor with some modest inherited fortunes and made $!5M during the 2009 mini-crash (Ford), when my selected investment soared from $1-15/share in just 1 year (wow). I decided to make this Helsinki 'account' a special cleat for the leviathan of modern woes (terrorism, wars, disease, computer-viruses, nuclear threats, etc.). It was a capitalist thought (actually!).



Helsinki is quite the view for spectacle during Xmastime, and I found myself reveling in the snow, that white-powder, and I thought about the interesting ladies and gents walking across with gifts in their shopping-bags, dreaming of a better time/place though seemingly satisfied with the lot they felt in their Finland holiday-season of those 'pesky' incomplete-distances readings to the photo-synthesis of Earth life/sovereignty/sanity (surely!).


I told myself (actually) when I returned home to Boston-town, I'd consider some Selfie-comment for world-trekking tourism theater view that I gained in Helsinki for Xmas, and I wondered if I'd make some French toast of the view with some Finland specialty/drink/byte (something)...Facebook-like.



FRIEND: This is some gorgeous chess-piece toy, friend.
ME: Thanx, ha...it's authentic Finland stuff (design-IQ).
FRIEND: You met some lovely lady-waitress in some Xmas-food bistro, eh?
ME: Something like that...maybe she moved me to get this particular chess (toy).
FRIEND: Very cool (sure).



I took my Finland chess piece/toy and wanted some Harvard-Sq. chess-table 'sage' of Earth to challenge me with it. I won the game. It was a convenient castling-move that sealed my speed-rate of offensive offense, but the old-man sage was quite the patient one, and quite genius with his Russian-like stolid defense maneuvers of machine-like coldness. He shook my hand, and I bought him some clam-chowder (Selfie-like).



What I made for 'discovery' in this Earth hop from Finland to New England aboard my flight (KLM) was that everyday magic would be found in everyday things, especially (arguably) during Xmas (in Helsinki!). In this net-world of sampled magic, it was good to go someplace to learn something about that place, from a streets-view. I found a neat Selfie-charm for the bound-Romanticism that travel brings to a human being, for that Selfie-sportsmanship 'consciousness' of wrought leviathan cleats (for the soul).



"Doing well is the result of doing good. That's what capitalism is all about" (Ralph Waldo Emerson). 

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2024 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
Added on July 27, 2024
Last Updated on July 27, 2024
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing