European Left Turn

European Left Turn

A Story by Abishai100
"

A night-on-Earth inspired a special memoir for humility in an American traveler's heart (for a future-weakness).

"
An Earth hospitality 'faerie-tale' of reflection/memoir. 
----

====

I was in the Ukraine before the Invasion (Russian). I was in a cab in Ukraine at night, for a long drive during a journalist visit to document the spread of both Christianity and capitalism and conversed with my cabbie for a long while and learned of his unique/special Eastern Euro life of resilience cleats. We didn't anticipate (either) the oncoming invasion feeling of Hell for Selfie-culture reading (damn).



I write this post-account 'night-on-Earth' dark faerie-tale now thinking (solely) of that Ukraine-cabbie who became my best friend that day/night while I paid him to simply drive me around the great culture-rich city of gold and ornaments and people. I'd never been there...and I learned he was struggling to make ends meet to meet the bills to care for his sick child (boy); the night drive in that Euro-cab had this certain premonition air of resilience of human race with a more prescription like Christian feel, as if my cabbie was like Job himself (Facebook-like!).



I honestly pitied my Ukraine-cabbie that night in Europe (damn). He was a man who was enduring much; I decided to gift him my very-expensive (purchased!) ancient vase which I intended to take back to the American Homeland with me to gift to my mother (Nina); but my cabbie had somehow earned the damn treasure (somehow).



WIFE: Irish curry-stew for my hubby for Saint Patrick's Day '24.
ME: Can't wait for the Paris Olympics this year, darling.
WIFE: You've got a pensive look to your spoon, hon.
ME: Thought about a pre-invasion cab-ride on Earth...real fear (Selfie-like).



"Doing well is the result of doing good. That's what capitalism is all about" (Ralph Waldo Emerson). 

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2024 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

41 Views
Added on July 27, 2024
Last Updated on July 27, 2024
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing