Jersey-Dramatized

Jersey-Dramatized

A Story by Abishai100
"

Is a real-life 'great' Gatsby worth his weight/repute in American Homeland domain chocolate for the books?

"
An homage to American Homeland daydreams. 
----

====

Mr. Amlan Satan moved shop to Atlantic City, the casino shore entertainment fantasy city of incomplete-lines of cleats of patriotism comforts, American Homeland frills, and ocean-view interest for the modern citizen/traveler of our fare-rich Blue Planet of Selfie-culture readings dodecahedrons (for the Ego!).



He found himself with a bushel of inheritance to create two special ventures in Atlantic City; one became a handsomely-financed youth (boys/girls) ice-hockey recruitment league, which would include (year-round) both residents of the area and invited tourists/guests who wanted something to participate in while their parents whiled away the days/hours/nights of the shore-city (Homeland-Jersey) of hospitality and amenities for capitalism's reflection (yum).



The other arm of Satan's reach for the shore-city languages was a small seafood eatery which offered offbeat items like calamari-with-salsa, shrimp/veal tacos with bleu-cheese and cilantro, and non-alcoholic Pina Coladas and pear cider (hot!). Atlantic City became to Satan what Gatsby envisioned was to be his Roaring Twenties post-fortune winnings American Homeland...eggs for leviathan (and the Ego).



READER: Your hockey-camp and seafood-dive are (equally) insane, Satan!
SATAN: Gatsby...call me Gatsby, friend.
READER: This isn't what Atlantic City is...a leprechaun-pot for inventive sports, Satan!
SATAN: Gatsby...call me Gatsby, friend.
READER: Me thinks you're a fan of Clyde Barrow...or worse!
SATAN: Gatsby...call me Gatsby, friend (Selfie-like).
READER: Damn.



Amlan was at a pageant-parade on the fabled Boardwalk when a mannequin-value American beauty drove-by and moved him to think why he might envision some 'Jett-Rink' (Giant) line for American capitalism's 'leviathan' field goals...and make her his darling (wife!). Was this the American Dream? Was Atlantic City to become Satan's special post/card for folks (and for his new fiancee Ezzy)?

EZZY: I'm gonna spin that American Gatsby for every silver-dollar he's worth, girlfriend!
GIRLFRIEND: Ensure this schematic is (all) Atlantic-City chocolate (for the book).
EZZY: Damn (Selfie-like).



"Doing well is the result of doing good. That's what capitalism is all about" (Ralph Waldo Emerson). 

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2024 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

47 Views
Added on July 26, 2024
Last Updated on July 26, 2024
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing