Cote d'Ivoire Book {Butterknife}

Cote d'Ivoire Book {Butterknife}

A Story by Abishai100
"

Fictional portrait of the energizer-IQ of world-capitalism 'ethos' for storywriters and magic in the 'cleats' of divined invention (in the cocoa-splendid Ivory Coast).

"
A world trek/tourism magic 'diorama' about the Ivory Coast (Cote d'Ivoire) in anticipation of the Opening Ceremony of today's Paris Games '24 (Olympics). Thanks for reading! 
DISCLAIMER: This work of fiction offers no commercial/explicit ties to Cote d'Ivoire and all images/references used herein (therefore) comprise a purely 'personal' expression for social art (for 'open' interpretation). 

----

====

I made $15M on Wall-St. during the 2009 mini-crash (Ford) and took the money to invest in world-diamonds and Ivory Coast chocolate/confectionaries for a pre-Olympics princely theater/festivity of incomplete-distances readings for net-linked social activity in this post-9/11 era Earth of commerce/hospitality drawn globalism imagination and rhetoric (sure).



The Ivory Coast was rich in history in Neolithic era migration records/accounts through the development of West African kingdoms and settlements through the inception of French exploration and Portuguese exploration and finally French colonial rule, which culminated in Cote d'Ivoire local assemblies of self-determined cocoa/farming production 'forces' for head-tax evasions/protests, marshaled by its eventual African leader/president Felix Houphouet-Boigny who achieved Independence for this region once primarily 'marked' by trade and exchanges in labor/ivory (hmmm). Cote d'Ivoire ("The Ivory Coast") had become a dominion of rich culture and chocolate and continental readings (and football of course!), and I felt like Willy Wonka as an investor (somehow!).



YAMOUSSOUKRO BARON: You want some chocolate/cocoa share for sportsmanship, prince?
ME: You said it, Baron; the Ivory Coast has the mark for social media readings, me thinks.
BARON: What...you're Willy Wonka or Jay Gatsby (ha)?
ME: I'm both, good-sir (ha).
BARON: This land's seen much 'alien' fortunes and motions for production/media, friend!
ME: I know it and you said it, good-sir; I envision chocolate-and-football environment (now!).
BARON: Good to think; the Ivory Coast has competed nicely on world-stage for soccer (football).
ME: I read; they defied the powerhouse Nigeria recently ('23) for domain controls in fanfare, ok?
BARON: You've done your homework, Wonka/Gatsby (ha); perhaps there's Olympics colored-glass.
ME: Good, good, good, good; I'll spread the chocolate; you help with the football fans (and me).
BARON: Selfie-like (sure).
ME: To the arms of capitalism we move for treasure photo-synthesis (for Martian envy!).
BARON: Ha (good).



AYA (Ivory Coast surfer): You're a dashing darling prince of investment-hands, darling.
ME: And you'll become my media-fortune readings storyboard-model (and dear wife).
AYA: Capitalism's cleats for the helmeted fortune-seekers, but for value/ethics, surely.
ME: Without doubt for leviathan (9/11).



Two years later, I was settled and married and proud-owner of multiple chocolate-showcases in the Ivory Coast, which meanwhile was fostering its newfound excellence in world-football (soccer) micro-rivalry ornaments with powerhouse Nigeria, a proud African soccer nation that boasted great standoffs with the likes of Argentina (e.g., Maradona). This was capitalism...TV-dotted (photo-synthesis).



AYA: We won!
ME: What's it, darling wife?
AYA: We beat Nigeria (AFCON).
ME: So, Cote d'Ivoire is now world-chocolate (cocoa) champion and African soccer star.
AYA: Facebook-like!



My story ain't ordinary, and for my new Selfie-culture age Earth of incomplete-distances to fortune-readings and the 'cleats' of leviathan (e.g., terrorism), my incomplete-tale of Ivory Coast 'ghost-magic' for Olympics-inspired sportsmanship/media/ventures made for a faerie-fable of great bound-Romanticism. As I told my wife (Aya), I felt more like Willy Wonka than ever...all thanks to candies and field goals (for the books!).



"Doing well is the result of doing good. That's what capitalism is all about" (Ralph Waldo Emerson). 

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2024 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

48 Views
Added on July 26, 2024
Last Updated on July 26, 2024
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing