Quest-Bursar

Quest-Bursar

A Story by Abishai100
"

Portrait of vampire engagement by a Western-man thinking he's the legendary Ven Helsing reincarnated for a quest to the Urals for dodecahedrons.

"
A fun pre-summer tale that reminds us why alternatives to philosophy yields a 'cool' Selfie-traffic modern media 'culture' of mysteries-dialysis. Vampires won't ever die, right? 
----

====

I began my trek to the Urals in search of a rumored vampire-sorceress lady who went by the name Endymion, and I, believing I was the reincarnated vampire-hunter of lore (Van Helsing!), thought to cast myself in an Earth 'field' goal for Selfie-culture of dominion-controls for simplified transit confidence for the 'art' of everyday world sanity (hmmm).



Vampire-lore has been around since man's fascination with the undead, immortality, blood-vitality, and alternatives to medicine; and it's given rise to special vampire 'cults' and Occult magic/lore, banished practices and controversial arts, and of course reflective Western vampire 'fancy' cinema portrayals and Halloween festivities for other-worldly self-idealization of the darker ornaments. Well, I knew of the legend of Dracula and Vlad the Impaler and Van Helsing and other even modern vampire-cult 'social-media' languages in the West concerning 'invisible' circles of blood-sucking or corpse-extracting Satanic/Occult youth 'societies' for darkness/ornament. I knew this vampire-sorceress lady (Endymion) who was reported to be lurking in the Urals and luring trekkers/campers for romance-and-dinner in the 21st-Century. I knew engaging with this lady wouldn't simply be a 'folklore' method of wielding garlic of exorcist-hands of optimism but a tiny hidden homemade silver-metal crossbow with a wooden thin-stake dipped with Holy-Water to pierce Endymion's bloody-heart.



ENDYMION: I'm a lesbian, fool.
ME: I can smell you.
ENDYMION: You claim you're Van Helsing reincarnate.
ME: You can smell me.
ENDYMION: You wish to offer me some diner-plate evening of beef-steak (rare).
ME: We can smell each other.
ENDYMION: If you get past this evening, you'd have earned a home-land shield.
ME: You can smell my fears.
ENDYMION: Not doubt a vampire/lady has the 'will' for Earth helmet-doubts, fool.
ME: I will smell this 'social' art somehow, Endymion (fine).



I returned to my own domain, the American Homeland, survived my 'engagement' with that Urals-vampire sorceress lady (Endymion) and made 'toast' of the micro-miracle with a world-exchange 'reflection' culinary-treat soft/zesty (Indian) luchi-bread thanksgiving-diner plate and remembered that dark-promise the vampire made had I endured my evening with her, which I had, after I poked her heart with my weaponized small-crossbow while we were drinking wine and eating meat. I knew my American Homeland town-house was now suddenly 'shielded' by the warded-off spirits-trophy 'aura' of pseudo-immortality 'prestige' I'd acquired with my contact with Endymion (wow).



ENDYMION: Remember this...your quest for shield's blended with sportsmanship.
ME: I'm not a fool, Endymion.
ENDYMION: When you feel that 'aura' of home-land shied, you'll not be arrogant!
ME: I'm not a fool, Endymion.
ENDYMION: I have premonition your real estate (American Homeland) is Selfie-like.
ME: Perchance we've made for discovery in mortality (Facebook-like).
ENDYMION: Good (farewell!).



"Doing well is the result of doing good. That's what capitalism is all about" (Ralph Waldo Emerson). 

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2024 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

54 Views
Added on May 22, 2024
Last Updated on May 22, 2024
Tags: Vampires

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing