Cowboys/Indians: Time Enough

Cowboys/Indians: Time Enough

A Story by Abishai100
"

Two time-travelers may find a 'light' in old-American landscape exchanges rendering a 21st-Century 'view' for what's simply doctorates.

"
A time-travel yarn for Sunday AM. 
----

====

Amlan and Marcus found themselves transported through time, from Dartmouth, into the age of the Cowboys-Indians language, and they learned of a special pioneer-country taut-struggle between an American settlement and a Native (tribal) conflict that required special attention, perchance reflective of a 21st-Century American Homeland social-media culture of exchange/customs driven personality handshakes for the Ego (e.g., MTV).



AMLAN: This settlement's all death-omen, pal.
MARCUS: We might offer our two-cents to determine their discourse with us?
AMLAN: I doubt we'd offer anything that would deter their senses of choices!
MARCUS: Perchance we've found ourselves 'conscious' of history's heart/line?
AMLAN: Well, we've integrated into the settlement as foreign traders, ok?
MARCUS: They're not asking us to arm/shoot against the Natives, cool.
AMLAN: And you're falling for that caught Native lady/hostage/prisoner.
MARCUS: I'm freeing 'Aiyana'...for the sake of future-world art dowry.
AMLAN: I'll help you (Cowboys-Indians drugstore!).



AIYANA: Thanx, heroes.
AMLAN/MARCUS: We're happy to assist...our sense of sovereign.
MARCUS: I'm in love with you but must return (home), Aiyana.
AIYANA: Fate is self choices, Marcus (ha).
AMLAN: You two look great together (future-dream!).



What did Amlan/Marcus return-home (to 21st-Century America) concerning their incomplete 'examination' of Cowboys-Indians dialysis but a richer 'image' of the impact and consequences of exchanges for customs/sovereignty/dreamscapes? Well, Amlan put-together a special toy-gun in honor of their stranger adventure and hoped their long secret would render some present-Earth art-dialysis for all things...bureaucratic.

AMLAN: Wow, Facebook like (for the Ego).



"Doing well is the result of doing good. That's what capitalism is all about" (Ralph Waldo Emerson). 

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2024 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

51 Views
Added on March 31, 2024
Last Updated on March 31, 2024
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing