9/11: The Ares Daylight

9/11: The Ares Daylight

A Story by Abishai100
"

Ares, god of war, contemplates how he can intervene in matters in America after 9/11 has shattered peoples' sense of homeland drive.

"
One last patriotic vignette about reflecting on 9/11 and why it reminds us of the American value of basic dogma! 
----

====

The sky was grey and foreboding on 9/11, when two passenger airplanes, hijacked, were crashed into the Twin Towers in NYC. Now, the world was much more conscious of anti-American terrorism. The American homeland was no longer completely immune to world problems, and it felt like Pearl Harbor! Who'd respond to this from the heavens?



ARES: I'm the god of war and can send emissaries and messages to citizen warriors who can serve through modern media to deliver ideas about hope and patriotism in this terrible time of burgeoning terrorism, so that youngsters can once again celebrate iconography and images of great valor and the pride of great nations, just as they were fabled to do in ancient times.



Well, Ares' wish managed to bear fruit, as kids were encouraged to use courage oriented video-game and comic book avatars to think about what would constitute courage and patriotism in this new time of anti-American terrorism. These new-gen avatars symbolized a new orientation towards social mobilization and the dialogue regarding the engagement with terrorists and terrorism. This was a cause to defend basic American imagination.



It's not too ironic therefore that we sall a number of modern films being made focusing on the splendor and valor of ancient times, since these stories reminded us of the timeless quality of social mobilization towards great national defense or even fabled civilization idealism. We saw movies about centurions, gladiators, immortals, knights, gods, and angels. After 9/11, we wanted more stories about humans looking up to the sky in search of something...dynamic!



Ya know, in the older times in American history, we celebrated great folk tales about incredible feats of rebelliousness and movie stars like James Dean who showed us the flavor of American rebels. We glorified scenes of fantastic robbers wearing masks and the women they courted. The older times in America were more about the nature of social adventurousness.



This was a more somber time and required more direct attention to the details of citizenry courage and how patriotism would have to come in the form of pedestrian commerce endorsements. We want our parents to tell their kids to appreciate McDonald's Kids' Meals and why they inspire capitalism optimism, while we watch news stories on CNN with them about furious anti-capitalist terrorists. This is a time of the designated salesman in America.



ISAAC: "I consider myself a designated salesman in this time of great woe and American paranoia, since 9/11 shattered peoples' sense of homeland security; that's why I present myself in my comic book fan-fiction stories as an underground writer of new age American dioramas, and I search for media dolls and comic book gods who reflect my passion for modern dystopia; so find me on Facebook!"



Ares was pleased that media figures and comic book artists and online bloggers such as the eccentric Isaac were liberally addressing the evolving nature of patriotism after 9/11. Ares decided that to support this level of national securities, one need only to look at schools like Dartmouth and Yale and consider why anti-terrorism rhetoric can be a thing of...doctorates!

====



"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2020 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

22 Views
Added on September 30, 2020
Last Updated on September 30, 2020
Tags: 9/11, Comics

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing