Hehe

Hehe

A Story by A Taste Of Blood
"

Hack a road sign.

"
  1. Lock: The little door on the side of the main box was padlocked. I slid my tire iron through the lock and rotated it until it could go no further, and then a quick shove snapped the lock to pieces. If instead of an exterior lock, they’ve got an actual lock on the handle which requires a key; You’re fucked.
  2. Keyboard: Once in, there was a keyboard with a small screen above it. Road workers aren’t meant to leave the keyboard in there but they usually do. If there is no keyboard, you’d need a laptop and whichever weird looking chord they use to plug it in, probably some different software, and a lot more know-how than I possess. Basically if there is no keyboard; You’re fucked.
  3. Password: If you try to do anything, it will ask for a password. The guides online say that the default password for most American ones is ‘DOTS’. If that doesn’t work, holding ctrl+shift and typing ‘DOTY’ and hitting enterSHOULD reset it to the default password. The one I was working with was Australian, so this didn’t work. I had to guess the password. I tried ‘password’, then ‘guest’, then ‘1234’, and finally I noticed that the name of the company written on the side was ‘VER-TEC’, I typed in VERTEC and it worked. If the default password/reset option doesn’t work and you can’t guess the password; You’re fucked.
  4. Message: There will be a list of options, on mine there were 8. Some are for editing messages, some are for emergency settings, some are for power saving options… You get the idea. There should always be one called quick message or easy message or something like that. Don’t go into the default edit message as it’s a pain in the arse. Go into quick edit (for me this was key 8) and it will be pretty self explanatory. You type in whatever you want it to say on the three lines provided, you turn the page to type the second/flashing message, and you hit the display key.
  5. Done: Leave. If you’ve just followed the guide, then you’ve damaged private property, broken into it, and illegally broadcast a (potentially)offensive or alarming message to the public. Basically, you’ve done enough to get in a little bit of trouble if some boring old fart decides to call the cops when they see your new work of art.

© 2010 A Taste Of Blood


Author's Note

A Taste Of Blood
blarg

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

What is this nonsense? Lmfao.
Nice job. Amused me for a while (:

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
1 Review
Added on November 15, 2010
Last Updated on November 15, 2010

Author

A Taste Of Blood
A Taste Of Blood

Preston, CT



About
Teen writer writes poems, short stories. more..

Writing
Lxa Lxa

A Poem by A Taste Of Blood