Your Reward Is My Sorrow

Your Reward Is My Sorrow

A Poem by Andy David
"

A poem about loss & sorrow.

"
How can I follow the beauty of the sun if darkness is all I have?

Today, these hands, which once built your dreams, have become blistered and bruised from cultivating dead soil to find a flower to match your smile.

Do you know it will take only one of my teardrops to echo a small volume of my thoughts of you before the floodgates of my eyes release the sorrow you have given to me?

When I look at two flowers beautifully wrapped around each other on the same vine, I will smile, but when one of them dies and leaves the other all alone, I will cry.

Sadly, the memory of you will remain buried in the grave of my heart until my existence becomes one with the dust of the earth.

If only I could have replaced ordinary, lit lamps with glorious stars then perhaps you might have noticed my intentions for loving you so deeply and faithfully.

My darling, destroying me comes with a reward, for as you continue loving someone else, I will remain alone to carry this bitter sorrow…until the end of my days.

© 2011 Andy David


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on December 2, 2011
Last Updated on December 2, 2011

Author

Andy David
Andy David

PA



About
I am a self-taught poet who writes from deep emotions about love & romance. At this present time, I've written well over 1,100+ poems, a collection of which I hope to publish in the future. You can.. more..

Writing