Chapter 1 An Adventure Begins

Chapter 1 An Adventure Begins

A Chapter by StarDreamer2010

 I am an orcan princess named Sashia and I am the most beautiful orcan in the kingdom called Orlion, in a part of the ocean called Ocealia. My father is the king, and his name is King Sasio. I am in love with the prince of another kingdom, who also an orcan. His name is Prince Kinsio.

          My father wants me to marry the evil eel king Esio, but I will not. I go out every night with my prince to plan the wedding behind my father’s back. Ever since the eel king Esio has asked for my hand in marriage, I have not been the same. And Prince Kinsio worries about what might happen to me. He hopes that I will not marry the eel king, but he finds out that my father has announced to all of Ocealia that my wedding was the next day.

          Kinsio is upset. He swims back to kingdom, which is called Atlatio, and informs my cousins, who live with him, that he does not want to see me anymore. He slams his door shut with such a thunderous roar that every kingdom in Ocealia could hear it.

I was also upset and had cried my heart out because I felt that I had done something wrong. But my sister, Akira, who was the oldest, and was also, getting married to her longtime boyfriend, Asher. She comforted me and told me that I should go see Kinsio and talk to him. But I did not want to. I knew that if went over to see him, it would make him more upset, but I did want to tell him that I had not ever remembered agreeing to marrying the eel king.               

So, I worked up the nerve to go over to see Prince Kinsio and talk to him. I find him in his room. He is crying and is also mumbling something to himself. I overheard some of what he is saying. I push open the door. I say, with a hurt voice, “Kinsio, I did not take Esio’s

hand in marriage. I love you and only you. That is one thing that is true. But I do believe this; he must have my father under a spell. We must go and inform your father of what has transpired. Maybe he can help us.” Kinsio agrees. Kinsio did like the eel either. He knew that eel king was trying to take over the orcan kingdoms, which at this time were almost at war. We need to do something.

          So, we decided to inform Kinsio’s father. He would know how to stop the eel king and how to break the bonds of the spell that was placed on my father.

          We swam into the throne room of Kinsio’s palace. We saw that his father, King Kansio, was having a very important meeting. He was talking to representatives from other orcan kingdoms. When saw us, he was surprised. He wanted to know what was on our minds. He told his guests he would have to speak to them another time.

          Then, he turned his attention to us; his favorite orcans in all the ocean. I was very upset that my father would give me away to someone as Esio. Actually, it was Esio. That fish made me squirm like a petrified flounder. I did not like him. I actually hated him with all my guts. But I had to live the fact that I had to marry the fish.

          I was scared, nervous, and upset, but I had finally worked up the nerve to talk about what was upsetting me. I said, to King Kansio, “My father has forced me to marry the evil eel king Esio. I have seen this fish and he is evil. I do not like him. He has put my father under a spell. I believe that he wants to control the orcans and their mighty power. I will not marry him. I want to be free to choose who I want to marry. I just do not my man chosen for me”

          Kansio listened intently and with a caring ear. He looked like he was not happy with my father for forcing me to marry a fish that I did not know. I was wondering what he was thinking.

          Finally, he said, “My sweet princess and friend, Sashia, I am very sorry to hear about what has happened to you. But I do not think we can act on what is a major rule for us orcans. You must follow your father’s orders. I cannot stop the wedding or tell him that he is in the wrong. We must continue with the wedding as planned.”

          That is when I saw it. Eyes glazed over and as cold as an iceberg. I think I first noticed it when my pet, who was a flounder, was killed; but he was not dead. He was just put under a spell by some evil presence. We had banished him because he had done some evil things.

          I knew that one day I would meet the fish that was the cause of the evil-doings in the land of Ocealia. When I did, I could not escape his grasp. Esio had my father and now King Kansio under his spell. How many orcans would he put under his spell until he controlled every orcan in all the ocean?

          I would not let that happen, but at the moment; I had no power to stop him. But wait. There was a way. I could say that I would not marry him and get him to turn me into a human so that the on my friends would be broken. I thought about this and decided that this was the best plan.            



© 2012 StarDreamer2010


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
Added on April 20, 2012
Last Updated on April 20, 2012


Author

StarDreamer2010
StarDreamer2010

Bristol, CT



About
I love to write stories and poetry. I hope to someday become a famous author. I want to write books for young adult readers. I am working hard everyday to attain that goal, but there are other jobs th.. more..

Writing