I heard something in my room (Sleep paralysis story)

I heard something in my room (Sleep paralysis story)

A Story by kenya smith
"

I heard something while in sleep paralysis. I could of sworn I heard something.

"
I was looking forward to going to sleep after a long day. I've taken my shower, cleared off my bed, and laid down. I wasn't very tired yet, so I surfed the web and played games until I felt tired. When I finally felt tired, I put my laptop away and proceeded to lay down and go to sleep.
    
    I closed my eyes until I drifted into dreamland. I destined for the best sleep ever, but sadly, that didn't happen. You see, I have this condition, where I feel paralyzed while sleeping, or awake. I can't move or even scream, All I can do is breathe. It's a terrifying thing to have.

    A few minutes into my slumber, I fell into sleep paralysis. I tried to wake up but couldn't. I felt like something was pinning me down. I wanted to scream, but to no avail. I started to panic while thinking, what If I never wake up? What if this is the end? 

    Suddenly, I could have sworn that I heard my door open, and feet dragging across my floor. Then, I felt something on my bed, walking on me and sniffing me and my bed. I figured it's my brother, playing a prank on me. When I finally woke up, I didn't see my brother or dog. I would have heard the door shut, once my bro saw me open my eyes or move, right? I didn't.  Also, my door was closed when I woke up. Who could have been in my room? It wasn't my brother. Maybe it was a demon? Shadow person? Ghost? my imagination, playing tricks on me? I guess, I'll never know. It had taken me awhile to go back to sleep that night. 

© 2016 kenya smith


Author's Note

kenya smith
hope you enjoyed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Parasomnias have always been a subject that intrigued me, and I have experienced sleep paralysis myself (my experience was very mild in comparison to this story!). If this piece is your recounting of an actual experience, you can actually combat the effects of sleep paralysis by focusing on moving your fingers and toes, which is the area of nerves least effected upon waking up. If this is fictional, I enjoyed your writing structure! Our minds fabricate terrifying things when missing one of the key senses, and as a horror writer, I would suggest researching the topic a little! The Ganzfeld experiment and "The Three Kings" ritual are some eerie connections to this phenomena, and if you haven't heard of these before I would strongly suggest checking them out!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

One word - Scary.

To feel someone walk on you is scary enough but for them to sniff you is even worse. What would be nice to add to this peice is noises which you may have heard or was the room cold or were you cold etc.

Good piece though.

Mark.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Parasomnias have always been a subject that intrigued me, and I have experienced sleep paralysis myself (my experience was very mild in comparison to this story!). If this piece is your recounting of an actual experience, you can actually combat the effects of sleep paralysis by focusing on moving your fingers and toes, which is the area of nerves least effected upon waking up. If this is fictional, I enjoyed your writing structure! Our minds fabricate terrifying things when missing one of the key senses, and as a horror writer, I would suggest researching the topic a little! The Ganzfeld experiment and "The Three Kings" ritual are some eerie connections to this phenomena, and if you haven't heard of these before I would strongly suggest checking them out!

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

damn ghosts, it's always when you're trying to sleep isn't it? :P (I do believe in them so I'm not making fun of you at all :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

229 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 7, 2016
Last Updated on November 7, 2016
Tags: sleep paralysis, demon, mind games

Author

kenya smith
kenya smith

Prairieville, LA



About
Hello, I'm Kenya smith and I write horror stories. I've been writing since I was in middle school. Before horror, I would write teen drama. Until, i found out that horror was my true calling. I starte.. more..

Writing
Can't move Can't move

A Story by kenya smith