Darling, you will be okay, we will make it through this.

Darling, you will be okay, we will make it through this.

A Poem by kenya smith
"

I wrote this because i was bullied as a kid, for a very long time and it made me very depressed to the point where started having suicidal thoughts at a young age. This is a message to everyone.

"
Sweetie, put the gun down because you are very important to me

Throw away the razor because your arms are too pretty for all those cuts

Untie the noose, your neck is for necklaces, not ropes

You are  stronger than this, I know it

We will make it through this fight

The fight through depression and bullying

Not giving a care in the world about what anyone else thinks or say

You are too amazing to be hurting yourself like this

So dry your eyes, take my hand and stand up with your head up high

You're not alone, trust me; If i can make it, so can you

for i believe in you with all my heart

Listen to me darling, you will be ok...i promise

All this is coming from the bottom of my beating heart

I love you..a lot.

© 2016 kenya smith


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Where has this poem been? I'm glad you wrote this because this is beautiful and I wish someone could've said that to me years ago! I still have no idea how I'm still here doing well now, but holy heck, this poem is powerful! (Especially the line "you neck is for necklaces, not ropes".) You have a gift of words!

Posted 8 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

A heart-wrenching read! I've been emotionally bullied by others when I was in highschool. I knew I didn't get the best grades like other students or my friends, but I've always been socially awkward around people, so people would assume that I'm "slow" or "weird". We're all different, but I understand how it feels to let people's words affect you on such a deep level, pushing you to the edge. I'm grateful that you wrote about such an important issue in our society & I hope it'll teach people that it is wrong. We all cope differently in order to get over the pain, but one bad day isn't the end of the world...it shouldn't make one think that it's all over & decide that ending their life would be the only way to fix it. You have to be mentally strong & prove to those bullies that their words don't mean anything. Make yourself bulletproof!!

Posted 8 Years Ago


This is such a beautiful poe . I love your writing style

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I was molested by a male teacher in the 4th grade, I have been fighting with myself 30 years later and I self harm by burning myself, my arms and legs are scarred from wrist too shoulders. I do it to pick the scabs which release the pain sensation I don't know why I continue to do it, I've told my parents and family about being molested I've even told the doctors and police investigator's which they investigated but they said bac in 2004 that being this acquired in 1983 and that there was no other reports on this man there was much that could be done. which didn't help my self esteem that this is when I started burning myself, I have felt all of the emotions, I probably bullied someone back then because I didn't know how to come out and tell someone I also let people bully me because I held in the pain. But after reading this if you're still having trouble dealing with the pain you're not alone.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

WOW! WOW! & WOW! This is amazing! What's the most unique part . . . there are strong tones of loving kindness, intermingled with the most harsh descriptions of self-harm (yet not melodramatic). I'm sure many have tried to write something meaningful about this widespread topic, but this is one of the top writes for sure! I love that you include specifics of many different ways that can be used to self-harm. I love that your encouragement sounds loving & like it's coming from someone who really knows, who even went thru it all, instead of sounding like a "rah! rah!" shallow cheerleading spiel that makes the victim feel even more alone & misunderstood. I love this & I think about 90% of your readers wish someone had been so loving & caring at some point in their childhoods! (((HUGS)))

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Whoa. Just wow. This is a message that needs to be spread.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Great poem, it is like a little ray of sunshine in a sky full of dark clouds.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Absolutely incredible! I love it, really means something to a person who has depression.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Where has this poem been? I'm glad you wrote this because this is beautiful and I wish someone could've said that to me years ago! I still have no idea how I'm still here doing well now, but holy heck, this poem is powerful! (Especially the line "you neck is for necklaces, not ropes".) You have a gift of words!

Posted 8 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is so powerful. I was bullied as a child too. Bullying is such an epidemic right now, we all need to stand-up for those suffering. Sorry for your pain but thank you for your amazing words. HUGS!!!!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

680 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 24, 2016
Last Updated on May 24, 2016

Author

kenya smith
kenya smith

Prairieville, LA



About
Hello, I'm Kenya smith and I write horror stories. I've been writing since I was in middle school. Before horror, I would write teen drama. Until, i found out that horror was my true calling. I starte.. more..

Writing
Can't move Can't move

A Story by kenya smith



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..