Trolley Ride

Trolley Ride

A Chapter by Edwina
"

How hard can it be to buy a haunted house ?

"
Daniel was busy on a case, and Brenda wanted to go inside the Blundon house as soon as possible. She made an appointment with Miss Davis, and hopped the trolley to Hyattsville.

Brenda listened as Miss Davis covered the history of the house all the way back to Mr. Blundon. She touched on the basics relating to the train accidents, and mentioned Mount Olivet Cemetery. Anything past that bit of information, and Brenda would have to quizz Mr. Fairfield Perry Griffin "who knows everything related to the Edwardian inhabitants from so many years ago. dates, times, events, and eye colors."

Brenda smiled when Miss Davis told her that the asking price on the house was 24 thousand dollars with deed restrictions and stewardship clauses. Mr Griffin would have the final say on who bought it because he wants "no riff raff" in the town.

Brenda promised to contact Mr. Griffin and arrange to see inside the big old house. She took the trolley back home with a bag full of groceries, and hoped that Daniel would call. But he didn't. A freight train rumbled by as she cooked her supper.

C J Marks


© 2013 Edwina


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

333 Views
Added on December 3, 2013
Last Updated on December 3, 2013
Tags: finances, banks, red tape

The House On Oglethorpe Street


Author

Edwina
Edwina

Dolan Springs, AZ



About
I live in the desert, and write. I had been doing poetry, but recently decided to write a novel. It gives me a whole new place to hang out, so to speak. more..

Writing
Measles Measles

A Poem by Edwina


Words Words

A Chapter by Edwina