Strength

Strength

A Story by kick your buttercup

IN the year 2014 my dad gave our family a task to choose One word to live by that year. He gave us this after going to a conference where a man named Mike Ashcraft talked about how every New Years we make a resolution. However we never keep it wether its about losing weight, doing better in school or anything. The reason why we never keep to those is because they don't have a special meaning to us.
 An example to prove this is what a Psychology professor does with his freshman class every year. He instructs them to take out a piece of paper and tear it into three pieces once they did that he would tell them to write down an insect they hated,least favorite food and the name of their motherly figure. He then would proceed to tell them to fist stomp on the bug, all the students would do that. Then he would tell them to stomp on their least favorite food and they would all stomp. Finally he would instruct them to stomp on their motherly figure's name. The room would be silent with them looking around the class room sharing looks with one another. The one thing that would never change out of all the years of the professor doing this is that no one would step on that piece of paper. 
This shows how are minds get an emotional attachment to one word. I decided I needed more strength in my life. Mainly because I was very shy and was never good with socializing with others. So I thought if I had a little more strength imagine what could be possible.

© 2015 kick your buttercup


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on January 24, 2015
Last Updated on January 24, 2015