Strength

Strength

A Story by kick your buttercup
"

The word strength has so many meanings. Through 2014 it was my goal to learn understand and display strength

"
During the year 2014 my dad gave me a goal. To live by one word that I could grow with spiritually. 
It all started at the beginning of 2014 my dad went to a conference where a man called Mike Ashcraft talked about how New Year resolutions don't always stick but how words do. So instead of doing a New Years resolution our family was going to find a word that we needed to grow on spiritually and work on it through the whole year. 

I choose the word strength because I needed to grow and show more strength in my life. Over the year I was given various trial's that helped me learn what true strength really was. It was almost as if every day I could find a scenario my strength would be tested. God showed me through people how I can use strength in so many ways. But first he showed me how weak I was by having me meet so many outstanding people who already had a grasp on strength and total faith in him.
  Over the year once I understood my spiritual strength I began to learn emotional strength when one of my closest friends had a failed suicide attempt I realized that I had to help them both mentally, and psychologically. This was the real breakthrough with my word cause it no longer involved me it involved others and I realized that with all these different meanings of strength I used them to help my friends. Whenever they came to me asking help I would tell them either a personal experience I went through similar or give them a verse to help them.
 All of them used the advise i'd given them and they all said they were very thankful for having me as a friend and that I sound like one of those old people you'd go to for life advise. I still laugh at that one but as the year began to close I realized I had grown so much with this word but now it was time to find a new one. Over the course of last year I learned I hated the word change with a passion cause whenever it was used it meant something negative however, it can have positives so for 2015 my word is change.
 Now if anyone reading this wants to learn more about "my one word." Their is a book called my one word it is a very interesting book and the man who wrote it is amazing. I hope my story helped anyone reading.

© 2015 kick your buttercup


Author's Note

kick your buttercup
I enjoy feedback or comments

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You know, I never really thought of the New Years like that, and now I will, because of you and your family. God, will always be there for you whenever you need him in your life. And when you said when you find a resolution or something to change that has become a habit or something that you would like to change, I always find myself not going along with what I planned on doing. And, here's some advice, before you can change anything, you have to change yourself. Keep writing!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Heartful5160

9 Years Ago

Well thank you. I know how it feels to be new. And there was that label thing on here, saying that y.. read more
kick your buttercup

9 Years Ago

Thank you for being welcoming to me and holding this conversation I will defiantly share this kindne.. read more
Heartful5160

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much. I would love for my word to be spread!



Reviews

Also very much enjoyed this take on the New Year. More of us should do this.

There are some things...

first of all your dad didn’t see a man talk about something, he heard it.

it's not revolution its resolution

Second paragraph, extra space between because and i

If you want to say over the year, try saying something different, from Jan to december, in the spring, all these nights/days/hours, time, tocks/ticks, chimes, anything more descriptive than describing a year as a year. Everyone experiences a year, why are we listening to you define a word, define YOUR year.

How did god show you things? No one cares only about the outcome, those things are for family and close friends to chat with you about because they already have the inside scoop, we want to FEEL the outcome paired with the bad/good s**t that came before it. Anyone can come along and claim a god changed their life, what makes you so special?

That’s a serious question, i’m not trying to make you feel bad, I’m literally asking you to show us bad and good. We’re humans, we thrive on that s**t- it's why Hollywood's in business.

I really want to share your success with you, I can't if you give me the happy meal version of events.

3rd paragraph, middle:
"breakthrough with your word cause" What is your cause?

If you gave someone a verse, name it. The more you shy away from depth in your descriptions the more bored your reader will be and not believe you. Why did you give a particular piece of poetry to this person, what meaning did it have for you that it made you feel THAT strongly about?

You need to work on flow, imagine singing this, would you sing this to someone? Most writings shouldn't be sung but they should aspire to sing.

I know you have more passion in there and I really want to see it.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kick your buttercup

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much I will make some changes
I really enjoyed your story, this is unique, inspiring! With change you have to adjust to a certain situation it can be hard, it can be done, it can hurt, but its all for the best. Then next thing you know life is changing again.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

kick your buttercup

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much for reading and reviewing. I really appreciate this.
xbxbzdvdsv

9 Years Ago

Thank you for sharing (:
You know, I never really thought of the New Years like that, and now I will, because of you and your family. God, will always be there for you whenever you need him in your life. And when you said when you find a resolution or something to change that has become a habit or something that you would like to change, I always find myself not going along with what I planned on doing. And, here's some advice, before you can change anything, you have to change yourself. Keep writing!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Heartful5160

9 Years Ago

Well thank you. I know how it feels to be new. And there was that label thing on here, saying that y.. read more
kick your buttercup

9 Years Ago

Thank you for being welcoming to me and holding this conversation I will defiantly share this kindne.. read more
Heartful5160

9 Years Ago

Thank you very much. I would love for my word to be spread!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

249 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 3, 2015
Last Updated on January 24, 2015