Cashing In for Crime

Cashing In for Crime

A Story by 2writerzIN1
"

Mrs. Peggy Potts works at a bank. One night, at closing time, they have a delimma! Read to find out!

"

                   Mrs. Peggy Potts sat alone in the bank with only a few customers. Mrs. Potts liked working here. She was enjoying  a muffin and reading a mystery book. This was her favorite time of day. She liked it because the bank only had thirty more minutes until closing time and it was not as wild. There were usually only a few people, 4 or 5 at the most, that were still wandering about.

                   A young girl came up to Mrs. Potts and asked for some stamps with the kitties on them. Mrs. Potts frowned.

                  "I am so sorry young filly, but we are out of those. We sold our last roll only a couple of hours ago." Mrs. Potts said. "But we also have some lovely ones with pretty horses on them. Wouuld you be interested in those??"

                  The small child shook her pigtails 'yes'. Mrs. Potts went back behind the counted again and pulled out the horse stamps. But she ended up dropping them and screaming with terror as the strong 3 men entered the bank with guns.

                 "Clear the bank and give me your money!!!!" They screamed. Mrs. Potts pulled the small girl behind the counter and they hid together.  They heard the sounds of the doors being opened and closed. They also heard screams and scattered footsteps every now and then. The customers had probably gotten out becuase neither Mrs. Potts or the small child heard anybody else besides the clumping of the big mens' boots. They were looking everywhere and thankfully the girl and Mrs. Potts crawled over to the mail room. Mrs. Potts had been working at this same bank for 14 years and knew it inside and out. Thankfully, she knew where the other exits were.

             As they entered the mail room, the heard the buzz of the machines in the distance. Mrs. Potts noticed the child was scared so she patted her on the head and spoke to her.

             "I never did catch your name, my dear."

              She looked up. "My name is Julie."

              "What a lovely name, sweet. We are going to be fine." Mrs. Potts said and she could tell Julie was a tad bit more comforted. They walked into another room and then went into another and another. Finally, they found a door. Right when Mrs. Potts streched her bony hands out to reach for the handle, One of the men stepped in front of her.

              Mrs. Potts was speechless.

             "Where's the money? Tell me now."

             Mrs. Potts pointed to the mail room. She had a plan. She told Julie to hide somewhere by the door and when she gives a signal, she can run out.

            The man walked over the mail room and bent over to look if there was any money in the big box sitting on the floor. Right when he leaned down, Mrs. Potts hit him so hard with a stapeler. She hit him again, again, and again on his head. Staples were starting to come out and he didnt say anything, just fell on the floor. She signaled Julie and they both ran out. When they got out there and into the parking lot, the other two men were outside with some people that were in the bank earlier holding them. The guns were laid down on the ground.

             "JULIE!" yelled a women with striking feautures and silky brown hair. She was running toward Mrs. Potts and Julie.

            "I am Julie's mother. For the first time, I let her walk in the bank by herself while I waited outside, and this happened! What bad timing! Thank you so much for getting her out safe. I was terrified. Here come the police cars now. We had somebody in the parking lot call them. Thanks so much again. Oh, I never caught your name....?"

           "Potts. Ellen Potts. And it was no trouble at all. I'm glad Julie is safe." Mrs. Potts said and smiled. Julie and her mother walked away and the police got all three of the guys. Having to take care of Julie for that 20 minutes reminded her how much she missed company. She decided she really needed some company. She was an older woman and need a friend.

           The Local news came up to Mrs. Potts and asked some questions. Then the police spoke to her and told her how kind it was of her to take care of Julie. The firemen came, although a little late. One of the firemen was Julie's father, so he ecspecially thanked Mrs. Potts for watching after Julie. Then she was free to go.

           That night on the way home, Mrs. Potts stopped by a pet store and picked up a kitten. She decided to name it Julie, so she could always have a small little friend.

           Mrs. Potts never forgot that night, but she still works at the bank even today. She will probably work there for the next 20 years, if I had a say in it.

© 2009 2writerzIN1


Author's Note

2writerzIN1
Enjoy! Comment or corrections appreciated. Thanks for reading!
All smiles :)
Tallulah

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I did enjoy it. I think it might be hard for Mrs. Potts to tell Julie her plan with the man already standing in front of her while they were on their way to the mail room, but this was the only discrepency i saw...easily fixed by whispering to julie the plan before they start toward the mail room...
keep writing! little things like that are taken care of when the editing process gets started.
An artist friend told me recently 'get the bones of the story, you can flesh it out later.'
k

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I did enjoy it. I think it might be hard for Mrs. Potts to tell Julie her plan with the man already standing in front of her while they were on their way to the mail room, but this was the only discrepency i saw...easily fixed by whispering to julie the plan before they start toward the mail room...
keep writing! little things like that are taken care of when the editing process gets started.
An artist friend told me recently 'get the bones of the story, you can flesh it out later.'
k

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

86 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 5, 2009
Last Updated on July 5, 2009

Author

2writerzIN1
2writerzIN1

Kidwelly, Wales



About
Hi! My name is Tallulah! I live in The United Kingdom. I love it here. I live in an apartment above a bakery. I can sit out on my terrace and enjoy a scone while writing articles and stories. I have a.. more..

Writing