beginnings and ends

beginnings and ends

A Chapter by Empty Spaces

I stare into the audience, there faces expressionless. expect for the mother of the lost child. she has sulked so much her eyes seem blood red.but besides that no one seems to care.
she told me this was to come. not a tear to be shed except mine and her mother's. she was right, she always was.
if only we had more time....just...just to hold her but shes gone.
As the few people left the funeral home, i slowly (regretting every step i took) creeped my way to her casket.
it was covered in red roses. her favorite flower.as i looked in horror at her lifeless body i remembered what she said just a month before her...death. we were sitting in the tree were we would meet everyday after school, when i realized she was crying. i stare at her angelic faced and asked," crystal whats the matter" she simply glazed at the sky and whispered "if i die... don't come to my casket...because when you cry.....i can't wipe your tears."
And there i stood......crying at her casket.             


© 2013 Empty Spaces


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Made me cry.. for reals. It's the perfect combination of heartbreak and emotion... I love this poem!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Empty Spaces

11 Years Ago

thank you :)
Oh my word. Wow. Very short, but powerful. The last bit, just melts my heart. I'm sorry man. :/

Posted 11 Years Ago


Empty Spaces

11 Years Ago

thank u, i was hard to write this

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 5, 2013
Last Updated on March 5, 2013


Author

Empty Spaces
Empty Spaces

The Hole Across The Street, FL



About
Death is as real as Dieing more..

Writing