Hooves on the Rooftop

Hooves on the Rooftop

A Story by Nicholas
"

I reworked the classic children's story: The Night Before Christmas and turned into something creepy.

"
'Twas the night before Christmas and all through the house all the children were waiting, even their pet mouse. No stockings were hung by the chimney with care, because old Santa Claus wold not be there. The parents were gone, nowhere to be found. This frightened the children though they did not make a sound. They hid in the corner, away, out of sight. Away from the windows and away from the lights. 
Suddenly out of nowhere arose such a clatter. Quick! Off to the roof to see what was the matter. They climbed up to the roof all frozen in fear, though looking around they saw nothing was near. The moon shining brightly, the new fallen snow, the children just stood there in the harsh Winters glow. 
Then, what to their wondering eyes should appear, but a creature so cold, unfriendly, and feared. The children tried screaming, but nothing came out. They were backed into a wall with no way to get out. They closed their eyes tight with each step that it made. It drew closer and closer and called out their names: "Now Sally, now Suzie, now Christian and Jack....you've all been naughty, and there's no changing that fact!" "Oh creature we're begging you, don't take us all! Take Sally, take Christian! No please, spare us all!" "Oh children, dear children you won't win this fight. Just give up already, don't make this a long night." The children were frightened, frozen with fear. For the Krampus had come, the Krampus was real! He ate all the children, he swallowed them whole. Merry Christmas to all, and may the Krampus spare your souls!

© 2021 Nicholas


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
Added on April 17, 2015
Last Updated on January 9, 2021
Tags: creepy, horror, krampus, Christmas, dark, humorous

Author

Nicholas
Nicholas

Boston, MA



About
It gets dark inside my head. more..

Writing