Fight SOPA : Forum : Sopa is Dead - The People Have..

Sopa is Dead - The People Have Won?

12 Years Ago

It's nice to know that the people's voice still matters, at least temporarily, as it would "appear" that  Lamar Smith, the chief sponsor of SOPA, said on Friday that he is pulling the bill “... read more below  

Re: Sopa is Dead - The People Have Won

12 Years Ago

I'd like to believe it's dead, but it's not.
The senate still has PIPA and Europe still has ACTA.

With so many supporters, it doesn't matter if Smith pulls the bill. It'll be hanging around for a while, you better believe it.

12 Years Ago

That's for sure! In the mean time, it's a fish out of water, it appears

12 Years Ago

I think they're just going to revise it and try again in a few years. They want power over the internet!

12 Years Ago

SOPA is not dead. It has only been shelved. President OBAMA refuses to sign it and he has said he will voteo it. January 24, a similar bill will be introduced in the Senate known as PIPA. 

12 Years Ago

Originally posted by LadyKarissa
SOPA is not dead. It has only been shelved. President OBAMA refuses to sign it and he has said he will voteo it. January 24, a similar bill will be introduced in the Senate known as PIPA. 

No, SOPA isn't dead.
However I point out that PIPA is the senate version, so it's not going to be "introduced". It is also taken out with PIPA so the vote will do nothing.

Right now, we should also be working against ACTA, which is a European censorship bill that is disguised as a trade agreement. It was worked on for years in secret by 39 countries. Not only will it censor the internet, but it will also take away many generic medicines have saved many, many lives.

This bill does affect Americans. It would make it tricky for European media and products to be used in America, possibly stripping us of our right to enjoy some European films, TV shows, music, foods, drugs, and plants.

12 Years Ago

SOPA cannot harm us cuz our country allows piracy, but taking over the internet is just too much! :@ F*** SOPA!!!

12 Years Ago

I don't think Sopa is exactly dead I mean its still just hanging over congress as a possibilty. Bill isn't dead yet, it can always come back and thats what we need to prevent.

12 Years Ago

Everything is permitted!!!!! The goverment has no right to censor us!!!!!!!

12 Years Ago

no its not, the battle has just begun