AP and SW Writers' Club : Forum : Why you must always backup

Why you must always backup

13 Years Ago

Hey guys, Iwas browsing the site and came across this 3 year old message from Charlie the site-owner. Since this is in the past and didn't happen to me I'm going to stick my neck out and call this funny. LOL       With Our Sinserist Apologies 3 Years Ago

It was a snowy night in Wisconsin and Charlie was just finishing up a long day of optimizing WritersCafe.org so it would run nice and quick for you. Then it was a slip of the mouse, an errant click, and catastrophe.

I'm afraid to say that all the previously published writing on WritersCafe.org has been lost. I, Charlie, accidentally emptied the wrong table in our database and deleted all of your writing.

I could say this is a chance to start fresh, a chance to push yourself to write more, and I think that's true, but I also know that you all put a great amount of work and heart into your writing, and I know it is an irreplaceable loss. There's nothing I can say or do to make up for this catastrophe, but I will say with as much sincerity as one boy can muster
The Good News
Besides your writing, everything else is safe. Your friends list, private messages, reviews, and overall rating are all still intact. Indeed, if you head over to WritersCafe.org right now you'll see it's pretty much the same. All you really have to do is add new writing and everything will run just as it did before.
list, private messages, reviews, and overall rating are all still intact. Indeed, if you head over to WritersCafe.org right now you'll see it's pretty much the same. All you really have to do is add new writing and everything will run just as it did before.

Re: Why you must always backup

13 Years Ago

I think site owners everywhere are good at screwing their users.
*shakes head sadly*