100 % Review : Forum

[reply] [quote]

Writing

7 Years Ago

write some fine writings please... you can start
[reply] [quote]

Hi

7 Years Ago

Just thought I would say hello to everyone who is here. :)
[reply] [quote]

Hi

7 Years Ago

Just thought I would say hello to everyone who is here. :)
[reply] [quote]

Burning Roses

7 Years Ago

Hi!
I have completed my manuscript and edited multiple times by myself, but I feel as though I can't take it to the next level without some fresh eyes. I'm hoping to find some beta readers to generate some new thoughts about the story.

My novel is a Young Adult novel consisting of about 72,000 words. The story focuses on a young girl Charlie attempting to combat her troubled past. Between family problems and relationship struggles, Charlie hopes to overcome her depression and find her true place in the world.

If I have any takers at all, I would really appreciate it! Thank you!
[reply] [quote]

Hello Facebookies

7 Years Ago

hey all, I am new here, is this site or group active?? ;)
[reply] [quote]

New Book for your Reading Pleasure

7 Years Ago

Please excuse me, I am new to the Cafe and this group. I just wanted to let you know I have posted a book I recently finished, "Our New Hobby." Please have a look and let me know how I can improve.

Diana Wilson
San Francisco, CA
[reply] [quote]

Immediacy

7 Years Ago

Hey Everyone, 
I have a couple of questions that I'd like to start a discussion on. I'd like to get some feedback on what you all think about Immediacy in poetry. I recently came across that phrase and I'm trying to understand what it means and how it applies. If you have specific examples that would help a lot. 

Also, I recently took my first workshop and the facilitator gave me the feedback that I need to surface more of the narrative of which the poem comes from. I typically write in themes related to spirituality. So, in my mind that is the narrative. To me it's less about the events that shaped the experience as it is the spiritual impact the event had in me. I do include portions of the narrative, but only enough to let the reader get a overarching sense of the narrative. What do you think, is the narrative really necessary to ground the reader and be less abstract? By way of influence I'd say my approach is heavily influenced by Charles Wright, if that gives you any context. So my question is, do you think his recommendations (which I do appreciate and regard) of more narrative a personal preference and style or do you think it's more grounding for the reader?
[reply] [quote]

IT would be good if you click on the forum tab and...

7 Years Ago

share some of the communications you have had with me, Maggie Hess, that might be of interest to other poets.
[reply] [quote]

new poetry group forming

7 Years Ago

you are welcome to join submit to join the new poetry group Trying for Mountains
[reply] [quote]

Comedy writer

7 Years Ago

Hey everybody,

I'm new here (just joined the site a few days ago) and would love for anyone to review my work. I typically write comedy but I have a few serious pieces as well.

Also, if you leave me a review, I'll review a piece of your work.

Thanks!
[reply] [quote]

You like comedy?

7 Years Ago

Hey everybody!

I'm brand new to this group (and pretty new to sharing my work). I write mostly comedy/satire, and I've been trying my hand lately at superhero fiction. Anyone want to check out my stuff? I'll gladly review anyone else's work as well.
[reply] [quote]

You like comedy?

7 Years Ago

Hi everybody!

I'm brand new to this site, and fairly new to sharing my work. I write mostly comedy/satire, and I've been trying my hand lately at superhero literature. Anyone want to check out my stuff? I'll gladly review other people's work as well.
[reply] [quote]

Welcome!

7 Years Ago

If you're new to this group (and maybe to this website) then welcome!

In here, you'll find loads of shenanigans such as stories and maybe some blogs here and there. 

So what are you waiting for? Start writing that story right away! >:D kill me pls

[reply] [quote]

Wallace Beery--New old guy in town

7 Years Ago

Hi, I'm Wallace Beery and I've been writing since before I got hair in strange places. I've got several series in various stages of completion but have never bothered to publish anything until now. These newfangled electric tv typewriters are sort of confusing for us old folks. What do you kids call 'em? Oh yeah ... computers. I figure that if I can ever get the hang of them I'll peck out another 24 books before they plant me.
Maybe you youngsters can help me out by clueing me in on a database app that will give me access to my character's bios and stuff without a lot of hassle. I'd like something that will bring up a bio in a separate window every time I type the character's name. The same for maps, places, etc.
Anyway, I'm happy to have stumbled on this place. Talk to you soon.
                                                                                                        Wallace Beery
[reply] [quote]

Old character, New world

7 Years Ago

So my story Starchild begins with a character being 'portalled' from Earth to the world the story is set. This is outlined in Chapter 3. However, after countless redrafts I'm still having trouble communicating to the main character (and thus the reader) what the world is like and how it works.
Should this be done via a series of questions throughout the story? A broad outline near the beginning? Any help appreciated!
[reply] [quote]

Old character, New world

7 Years Ago

So my story Starchild begins with a character being 'portalled' from Earth to the world the story is set. This is outlined in Chapter 3. However, after countless redrafts I'm still having trouble communicating to the main character (and thus the reader) what the world is like and how it works.
Should this be done via a series of questions throughout the story? A broad outline near the beginning? Any help appreciated!
[reply] [quote]

ideas

7 Years Ago

hey guys, trying to work on some new stuff and need some help "world smithing" and figuring out my main setting and how some stuff works. down to help me out?
[reply] [quote]

Seeking Author Interviews and Book Submissions

7 Years Ago

Hello signup for a short author interview and receive free online promos for your book. In addition, signup for our annual book contest for a shot at great book marketing prizes. Here's to your success.
Laura
[reply] [quote]

Seeking Author Interviews and Book Submissions

7 Years Ago

Hello signup for a short author interview and receive free online promos for your book. In addition, signup for our annual book contest for a shot at great book marketing prizes. Here's to your success.
Laura
[reply] [quote]

World smithing

7 Years Ago

basically i have a string of maybe 10 different stories all going on independently... ish... they all "secretly" connect. point is, I'm trying to re-boot/re-start one and could use some help. i tend to lean towards sci-fi

so the first world is focused on an ancient utopia with almost "mystical" technology (they essentially have robot butlers and stuff). that world gets destroyed at the end (fireworks!) but much much later life begins again on the same planet. originally i thought maybe somehow some humans survived and given an eternity, humanity returned in full swing (doesn't even look like the same world) but i was thinking... what if no humans survived, and it was the robots who, in the "second world" (same world, just when it re starts) have advanced enough to be human like... 

i know none of that is a question... but i guess i just need help fleshing it out enough to even have questions...