100 % Review : Forum

[reply] [quote]

14 Years Ago

1. Where are you from?
India

2. How long have you been writing?
Since I was 16

3. What are your favorite genre(s) (So it can help me with the contest issue)
Dark, Nature, Human life, Sadness (Mostly of love).

4. What are you best writing genre?
Nature vs Darkness (Can't decide which I write better)

5. Have you ever completely finished a book?
No. But I don't know if it's relevant since the community is for 'Crazy Poem Writers'.
[reply] [quote]

Ty and the submitted works sure are a great..

14 Years Ago

Start ..any one readin what the Lone Star submitted and Have comments?
[reply] [quote]

Night of the Red Eclipse

14 Years Ago

Let me know what you think...     It's also posted on this page.   kewlbluetiger
[reply] [quote]

:)

14 Years Ago

Congratulations! I wish you the best of luck :)
[reply] [quote]

Short and Sweet...Sort Of.

14 Years Ago

For me, I think it depends on the story and tone. Sometimes I'll find myself writing more details in a scene because it's vital in moving the story forward. Typically, I like writing in a more concise way. I don't like decorative words and descriptions if it can be avoided all together. Sometimes being too wordy can suffocate a story, so I try to break my scenes down more in a second or third draft of a chapter.
[reply] [quote]

One Wish

14 Years Ago

If only Celest Richardson, a meat factory worker, could make one wish to sum up all her problems it would be an amazing feat.  Despite her debt problems, she was going through a rough divorce.  The kids, ages five and eight, were having difficulty accepting their parents separation.  Celest was in a bind, the utilities were due, with less money to spend now it was terrifying to think where she would be in the upcoming weeks.  Her ex-husband apparently lost interest in the relationship stating that there were irreconcilable differences in the marriage.  He stated that his needs were not being met, when he was one who went outside the marriage to explore other opportunities.  It saddened Celest that it had come to this. The divorce was his idea and with his earnings she would definitely have to make him pay.  He beat her one night because she forgot to make dinner and take out the trash.  His anger management symptoms were returning as usual.  The same old line was used, “Baby, I’m sorry. It will never happen again,” which in retrospect was reoccurring often. The thought of losing everything she vowed to keep a hold of was vanishing slowly in front of her.  Her children were becoming disgruntled with no male leadership or guidance.  She was getting frustrated that life as she knew it was inviting defeat.  Celest, a passionate and caring young mother, was trying to make ends meet. Then suddenly……a knight in shining armor appeared on a golden horse holding a staff with magical streaks of glowing light. As he came closer to Celest he said, “Go forth and you will have plenty.” In the midst of the lightning bolt touching her forehead, giving off a reddish aura, she was granted one wish to change the course of her life.  The knight asked, “What shall I grant thee?” as he turned toward her inching closer and closer as if to hug her for comfort. “I would like to support my family without having to struggle all my life,” as she was in shock and excited simultaneously.  She began to tear up because her joy was overzealous when it all came to life.  The ex husband apparently was in a car accident two weeks later due to drunk driving.  Apparently he was so angry and discombobulated before the actual divorce proceedings and left Celest 2.3 million in assets, which she knew nothing about until now. Her ex-husband, a well-known stockbroker on Wall Street, had offshore accounts registered in her name as the beneficiary.  Due to his speedy death, her wish came true within two weeks.    
[reply] [quote]

14 Years Ago

Welcome home =)
[reply] [quote]

14 Years Ago

=)
[reply] [quote]

dsf

14 Years Ago

sdf
[reply] [quote]

agreed

14 Years Ago

completely agree with you about twisting things... lol
[reply] [quote]

Contest

14 Years Ago

If you are looking for my first chapter contest then just go to my profile page and click the “contests” tab. It will be titled “The Beginnings: your first chapter!” Unfortunately, I made the contest before I created this group so I couldn’t post it on the group page. Sorry for the confusion!  
[reply] [quote]

We the readers

14 Years Ago

Hello!
I am very pleased with how this group is working. I haven't been able to find a good group that would read my books and I finally found it. Thank you

Unfortunately, I am in a tight spot about my writing. I would like to resign from the group activities for the time being to sort things out. I would still like to receive notices to remind me that I need to return to this wonderful group.

Sorry, and thank you!

Aldora
[reply] [quote]

RE

14 Years Ago

I'm still reviewing a book of Vincent(my last partner)but he doesn't mind that and he was so nice as to let me review his other book instead of the one I was supposed to review. As to my partner right now...I already reviewed two of his chapters and am in the process of reviewing more.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
bbb
[reply] [quote]

Re: Who's doing their part?

14 Years Ago

This is a great question that will hopefully provoke more members to get their reviewing done.  I, sadly, did not get a review last cycle.  But this time around, Miharu is reviewing my work and is already halfway through what I've written--giving me some good input.  I think this group's founding principle is great; I just hope people carry out the reviews.  Novelists in the making really need these reviews in order to become better writers, and also to stay encouraged!
[reply] [quote]

feautured?

14 Years Ago

hey mary why am i feutured ????
[reply] [quote]

forum retort

14 Years Ago

but the reverse would defintely have been interesting ...a majical being ...removing parts of people for ?...magic? kinda like the broom sequence in the "sorcers apprentice "cartoon/ah Disney...hehehe..livers and kidneys and spleens, oh My.... all dancing to the "music"...crescendo and its just so much...patte!
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
bbb
[reply] [quote]

Re: I started this group for like minded writers...

14 Years Ago

I originally started my fantasy story when I was about 14. As I got older, life took one unfortunate turn after another.  The book was never finished, only snippets were written here and there.  Now, at a place in my life with nothing left to lose, I have gotten serious about this story.  I stumbled upon this website at the end of June.  I have been amazed by some of the work on here, and the great people.  If Anyone would like me to review their book, just send me an email, and I'll get to it as soon as I can.  I hope also that you will review me in turn if I review you.  I am very excited about interacting with members of this group and seeing what we can accomplish as fantasy writers!
[reply] [quote]

kewl..hateable is great.

14 Years Ago

can I ask why he is hateable?..killer, rapist ..drug dealer?
[reply] [quote]

forum quote

14 Years Ago

Originally posted by Adina
I originally started my fantasy story when I was about 14. As I got older, life took one unfortunate turn after another.  The book was never finished, only snippets were written here and there.  Now, at a place in my life with nothing left to lose, I have gotten serious about this story.  I stumbled upon this website at the end of June.  I have been amazed by some of the work on here, and the great people.  If Anyone would like me to review their book, just send me an email, and I'll get to it as soon as I can.  I hope also that you will review me in turn if I review you.  I am very excited about interacting with members of this group and seeing what we can accomplish as fantasy writers!

[reply] [quote]

i posted to the thread what you had written to the forum

14 Years Ago

is that ok ..there it is current...it is way down there on the forums for all of the writers here.. just not for Our Group..ty...Sunshine