The Purple House

The Purple House

A Story by Steven Norton

There once was a boy who walked to school. On his way he passed by the grocery store, the prison, and a very peculiar purple house right across the street. It was a very small town. 

"What's up with this purple house?" he wondered. "I mean... what the heck? It's a random purple house." So he went home one day to ask his mother about the purple house. So he did. He asked her. Yes... yes he did.

He asked her, "What's up with the purple house?"

His mother was horrified! "How could you ask such a question?! Just- just go to your room, you're grounded for two weeks!"

"All I did was ask about the purple house, I don't understand what the big deal is-"

"That's it! You're grounded for a month!"

This made the boy very curious.

 

He decided to ask his teacher. "What's up with the purple house?"

"Oh my goodness! How could you?! Go straight to the principal's office." She actually started crying.

So he did. He went there. Yes... yes he did.

The principal asked him, "So why were you sent here?"

"I really have no idea. My mom and my teacher think that asking about the purple house is completely insane or something."

"Oh sweet Lord, what's the matter with you? I'm expelling you for such a horrible thing!"

"But, but, but… I don’t understand what I-."

"That's it! I'm calling the police!"

So the boy was arrested. The day of the trial came. The honorable judge asked the boy why here was there, and what he had done that was so terrible. So the boy told him.

"I'm sentencing you to ten years in prison!"

 

So ten years passed and the boy was released. The first thing he saw was the purple house. "You know what? I'm gonna go to that purple house and find out exactly what's up with it."

So he did. He walked in that direction. Yes.. yes he did.

As he was walking to it, finally able to find out about that damn house, he was hit by a car and died instantly.

 

Moral of the story: look both ways before you cross the street.

© 2010 Steven Norton


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Ha! The punch line caught completely unawares! This is definitely the product of, not just a twisted mind, but a sprained one!

You should definitely enter this in the Make Us Laugh Contest.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I was surprised when I read this story! It sounded like a children's tale at the beginning but ended up being a very humorous sort of joke. This was very well written and I enjoyed it!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Oh this is cute! Didn't see that coming. I enjoyed this story.

Posted 14 Years Ago


hahaha I love this, the whole time your reading it its like "wtf, now I want to know whats up with the purple house too" The BAM, hit by a car. funny, I enjoyed it. Sounds like one of those jokes you would get in a forward or hear a lot
great job, cheers

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

6295 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 2, 2010
Last Updated on April 15, 2010

Author

Steven Norton
Steven Norton

Lexington, SC



About
Not so much a writer, but more of an "imagineer". more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..