CandyLand

CandyLand

A Poem by Kara Hadley
"

i got angry. -enjoy-

"

 

The idea that you could possibly handle the complexities of this was nothing more then a CandyLand dream. A wish that everything, no matter how rough, gritty, and sharp, would, ultimately in the end, be coated in so much snowy sugar and cotton like candy that we would no longer feel the pain when we land.

But Willy Wonka doesn’t rule this world. And neither do you. So, please excuse me while I go into a diabetic coma from all cigarette smoke words and taller than thou glances. And when I wake, groggy and covered in high fructose corn syrup and I see you, for the first time in not quite long enough, I will know that I’m now immune to all your carb loaded syllables. I will laugh as the candy striper you pedals your pretty poison, wrapped in colors and cocaine dust. Because I will know, you are but Gene Wilder/Johnny Depp Las Vegas imitator.

So, when the credits roll and you change from the magical King of CandyLand back into a wishing-you-were a want to be, I will still be standing. Ah, CandyLand dreams, like tuberculosis; deadly and contagious. There seems to be an epidemic developing.

© 2008 Kara Hadley


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

i loved all your comparisions and imagery in this poem! i thought that the whole thing is really well written and i really like the candyland idea.
"And when I wake, groggy and covered in high fructose corn syrup and I see you, for the first time in not quite long enough, I will know that I'm now immune to all your carb loaded syllables." thats my favorite sentence.
i never would have thought to explain what you did in the way you did it so major props to your creativity!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1592 Views
1 Review
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on March 13, 2008

Author

Kara Hadley
Kara Hadley

About
i'm kara. i'm short. i like to bake. i love music. i'm a little skanky. people say i'm funny. i have blonde hair. spelling isn't my forte. i have big teeth. i have bigger dreams. i'm a little superfic.. more..

Writing
F**k F**k

A Story by Kara Hadley


Bridge Bridge

A Poem by Kara Hadley