Chapter 3 : Run Away

Chapter 3 : Run Away

A Chapter by manda

 

Her eyes slowly fluttered open and she saw him gently shaking her, murmuring her name. “Wha--What happened?” she asked him. “I dunno! One minute you were all over the place and the next you were out cold.” “My head hurts.” “Come on, let’s go home.” He reached out a hand and she grabbed it. She wobbled unstably on her feet. He sighed and picked  her up easily enough, and perched her on his back, carrying her home. 

 

“All right class. I want all of you to write a 200-word essay on Newton’s law. It has to be on my desk first thing tomorrow morning.” Mrs. Robert ordered the class. Leanna let out a sigh. Amazingly, as if on cue, the bell rang and the students hurriedly packed out and joined the stream of outgoing students going home. 

 

Leanna on the other hand, took her time. She had detention anyway, what was the point of rushing? To her surprise, Edmund was waiting outside her class. 

 

“What do you want?” she snapped at him. Shouldn’t he be with Robyn, going on a date?  she thought. “I was wondering if you would like to come over.” “Why would I?” He shrugged and said,“There doesn’t have to be a reason.” Leanna didn’t reply. Instead, she stalked off in the opposite direction. 

 

Edmund smiled fondly at her retreating back. When will you learn to trust me, Anna?

 

He started to open the front door when she let out a muffled noise. “What is it?” he asked her quietly. “M-Maybe you shouldn’t um.. use the front door. Mommy will kill me if she finds us like this. He heaved a sigh and rolled his eyes. “Still ashamed of me are you?” “No! It’s not that Eddie! It’s just, you know mommy! I always have to be friends with those boring snobby people and she’d just...” “She doesn’t like you being friends with me.” he finished her sentence for her. Instantly, her eyes started to sting and tears fell on his back. 

 

Edmund tossed his backpack on the floor of his bedroom and flung himself onto his bed. He needed to think. Of all the assignments, he had to be assigned this one. Maybe the authorities wanted to rub it in that he still hadn’t let her go. Place him so close and yet, so far. 

 

His door swung open. “How was school today, Eddie?” the figure standing before him jeered, “Did she turn you down again?” “Go away.” “You forget that this happens to be my house.” Edmund sighed. “What do you want?” “What do I want? I want you to stay away from my business. Stay out of my matters. Stay away from her.” 

 

He smirked. “You know I can’t do that. We’re linked. Nothing can break that bond.” “You’re wrong. I can. So consider this a warning Edmund. I won’t be so kind next time.” The figure exited the room, leaving his words to linger in the air. 




© 2008 manda


Author's Note

manda
this is short. i might add more to it though. still thinking.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

and you criticize MY kissing scene. *gives irritated look*

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

363 Views
1 Review
Added on September 3, 2008
Last Updated on October 16, 2008
Previous Versions


Author

manda
manda

About
i'm back! yes. i have been inactive for quite a bit but i decided to pop over here for a short visit. it might be longterrrrmmmm. just saying. :) previously i was working extremely hard on fallen ang.. more..

Writing
Describe Describe

A Poem by manda