Hidden Notes

Hidden Notes

A Story by Jayce Em
"

Not all words can reach the heart if voiced out. Some are understood if it's in a written form.

"

INTRODUCTION

 

Hi there readers! It’s my first time to publish my works just like this. Well, I’m not that confident about my works but I really hope that you would like them, and somewhat relate to their contents. That’s all. Please enjoy! :D

 

STORY ONE

JUST LIKE A DREAM

 

      I'm a girl who's ordinary in everything. Simple in many ways. That's why I didn't exist in my class, my friends, and especially to the guy that I loved. He's the kind of guy that every girl in town would beg to have. And I can say that I'm “almost " one of them. Almost because I stopped. I stopped dreaming about him and tried to stop loving him. Oh, why does it have to be him? Why does he have to be cool, charming, adorable, handsome, lively, approachable, skillful, talented, artistic, and have all the good manners just like my own prince in my dream? What if he's just like me? Just so ordinary. Is there any chance, he could also love me? But still, whatever I say when it comes to reaching him, it became clear to me that it's impossible, it's an impossible love.

     One day, I left my notebook on the bench under the Cherry Tree. I decided to go back. When I got there, I was glad. There he was! Sitting on the same bench and- he's reading something! What?! Then, I realized that was my notebook back then. I was so nervous. I don't even know what to do!

     I rushed towards him and asked for my notebook. Then, he gave it to me without any hesitations. He looked troubled but I decided not to ask why. But I paused, blushed and got paralyzed when I heard him called my name and hold my left arm. “Wait!” He said, “Can you accompany me for a while?”

Me: Uhhmmm...ok. (I sat beside him) Wha-What is it by the way?

Him: I just want to ask how to confess and express my admiration for a girl.

     When I heard that... I felt my heart suddenly stop for beating; did it also felt the pain? I was hurt because I know it's not me he's talking about. It never be me. I took a deep breath.

Me: I don't know.

Him: But as a girl, what do you think is the sweetest thing that a guy would do for someone they love?

Me: For me? Uhhmmm...actually, (my emotions over flowed) when my crush passed by me and he recognizes me...that would be the sweetest thing that would happen in my life! But then--- (I paused)

Him: But then..? (He asked with full of curiosity)

Me: But then, it's not going to be true. For a girl like me who's very ordinary, no one notices me, even him.

Him: Is that what you think? How would you know- or how can you say that he doesn't even notice you?

Me: Look- I know that every guy in this world wants to have an EXTRAORDINARY girlfriend, not an ordinary one.

Him: And how did you know that he's one of those guys? Maybe he also likes to marry an ordinary one? Like you! So stop thinking as if you knew what he exactly felt about you.

Me: What are you trying to say?

Him: Nothing. (He stood in front of me) Thanks for the time. (He smiled and went off.)

     When he's away, I took another deep breath. "Oh! That was close!" I said to myself, “longest record, 5 mins. sitting and talking beside him! “I felt so happy. But then, some part of my mind tells me I must not, because he loves someone else. A girl whom I think is extraordinary that really shines in his eyes. If I were like that girl. I slapped myself and said, “Stop dreaming!"

     After a week, we hadn't seen each other. I just hope we will not going to meet again, so that I can easily forget him and my feelings for him. But then, time didn't agree. Two days later was our senior's night in school. I wore a simple red dress and some “simple" accessories. I got there at exactly 7: 15 p.m. I saw all of my friends but I hesitated to get their attentions because of their boyfriends. Of all of us, in the age of 18 I am the only one who was not lucky to have a boy friend. Why in a rush? I usually said to them when I got teased for not having my boyfriend yet. I felt so inept in that ball. “I just hope I followed my first thought not to be here", I said to myself while I make myself settle on the same bench. I slowly closed my eyes and feel the cool breeze of the air touches my skin. I think I'm having a retreat with that situation. Then suddenly I heard a warm voice coming from a familiar guy, whispered in my ear. I opened my eyes and recognized it was him.

“What are you doing here?" he sat beside me.

“Nothing." I said.

"Really? Don't you have a date?" He asked.

"Me? No. How about you? I'm sure a lot of girls there want you to take them for a dance." I said.

He chuckled." Exactly. But you know what? I rejected them because of a girl."

“Whose girl?"

“uhmmm...I'm glad I found her before this night ends." He smilingly said.

“Oh... so, was she here?" I asked him, pretending as if I'm not hurt.

“Yeah."

He looked at me and smiled.

“She’s exactly at my side, wearing a simple but elegant red dress which makes her shine in the midst of darkness; that made me noticed her beauty."

He took my hand and helped me to stand.

“But-why?" I nervously asked.

“Now...are you really sure that I didn't noticed you every time you looked at me with those beautiful, sparkling eyes? When you secretly sing a song, are you sure that I'm not trying my very best to hear it and lastly...are you sure that a guy like me would marry an extraordinary girl someday?"

“No. Exactly no. But-" I'm still confused.

“With all those thoughts you have about me, you're wrong. I noticed you. I always did. Please believe me..." then he hugged me very tight.

“If it's a dream...please don't let me woke up." I started to cry. “‘Coz, I don't want to go away from you again."

“No. It's not going to happen. This is reality."

He holds my arms and looked straight to me.

 “Look- can't you see? I'm madly, deeply or whatsoever they call it- crazy in love with you! Face it! This is not a dream anymore."

“I hope so" I said.

"What should I do to make you believe me that this is true?" He sincerely asked.

“I- don't know"

Then, without saying a word...he kissed me.

I woke up from dreaming. I opened my eyes again and proved that it's true.

“Now, would you believe me?"

“Is that-true?" I blushingly asked.

"Aha...exactly." He grinned. “Now, let’s go inside. I don't want to end this night without even experienced to dance with someone I love." He pulled my hands towards him.

"Wait!" I paused. “Thank you."

He just smiled and drove me inside the dance floor.

     It's just like a dream! No, it's not going to be a dream anymore. It's true. I know. And it will ever be...

~ THE END~

 

 

POEM #1

MOVE ON

 

Many months had passed,

I can't still forget

the day that you said,

" we need to broke up"

I cried and cried that day,

not knowing what to do,

It's raining I feel the world is

crying, too.

 

Maybe it's time to move on

I know it's too late but I have to.

I need to move on from you....

I know it's hard,

But I'll do...just to forget you...

 

Remembering all the memories that we've shared,

the day that I said, " YES!"

to a friend...

I smile and smile that day,

inspired because of you...

I'm dreaming I woke up,

and you're gone,too....

...I have to move on....

actually...this is my song... but I just love to say it...

to someone I love....!

move on...

 

 

POEM #2

I AM HERE

 

This is the story of my love for a guy

He's so empty, don't know he's in disguise.

I can't see his smile, I can't read his mind,

But i can feel his heart deep inside.

He was so sad, so alone in the dark

Heart was broken for his family and loved ones.

Trying to help him, I am here

Singing this song for real.

If you need someone to cry,

My shoulders will be here.

If you need somewhere to hide,

My place was just near.

If you need someone to listen,

My ears are here, I lend.

But If you need someone who'll love you for real,

Just let me know...'coz I am here.♥

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

PEOM #3

COULD HE FALL IN LOVE…?

 

He's so cool and so smart

he's everything that I want

He is tall, I'm just small

just like an ant on my wall

he's up there,

I'm down here

We're just so opposite

Could he love me

that's what I wish

I'm inlove to a guy I cannot reach...

Is he going to fall in love

to an ordinary girl like me

who's always knocking the door of his heart

hoping that someday he'll open it up.

Oh, to me, could he really fall in love?

 

 

 

NOTES

NEVER  YOU & ME

 

(Note:Enclosed by qoutation: said by the guy.)

1

Holding hands and sweet words

were only in my stories

but then you came into my world

you became close to me.

When I said, " I don't want to fall inlove"

you looked at me, with your face so shocked.

But now, I told you " I love you"

You broke my heart...

You said, " There could never be us,

you should never talk like that.

I hate to say this coz you're my friend

' I love somebody else'

The words you and me

are impossible for me

oh, friend I'm sorry but there will be never you and me."

2

(Girl's reaction)

Holding hands and sweet words

were almost at my reach

but when I entered your world

my heart became close to thee.

When I said I don't want to fall in love

I'm lying, you don't know it from the start

and when I told you " I love you"

You accidentally broke my heart...

I know, there could never be us

I regret I talked like that

I want to say this coz you're my friend

"I'll love somebody else"

Coz the words "you and me"

are impossible to thee

oh, friend don't be sorry

if there will be never you and me.

~end~

 

 

 

HAPPY ENDINGS

She was fond of imagining things,

she enjoys watching movies at night

and she always dream about her "mighty knight"

She was locked on a tower so high

keep telling herself " everything will be alright"

while waiting for her prince to arrive.

All of this things she kept in mind

but what about my own life?

Do I have to drop my glass shoes

so that my prince will find me soon?

Do I need to prick my finger on a spindle,

to sleep deeply; he kiss me?

Or I'll find a beast who will love me and I'll love him too

and the cursed for him will break...

But these things would only happen in fairytales...

And I wonder if I could have this...

Happy endings...?

 

 

 

CHANGES

All the plans I had made

ruined 'coz of one mistake

She's my friend, he's my best friend

I don't know what will happen in the end.

I'm like starting to fall in love

with my best friend's crush...

If I could just make some changes

If I could just tell my mind to stop thinking

If I could stop my heart from beating for you.

If I could just stop them all,

change them all,

I just don't wanna fall..,

I don't wanna fall.

 

 

FALL FOR YOU

uncertain things keep on lingering in my head

and I don't understand

I keep on telling myself to forget you

but I wonder why I can't do...it.

All the words that you've said to me

whenever we're close, I'm still remembering

your smile, your laugh, your emotionless face

made me wonder and I just can't erase...

I'm falling 4 you all over again

I know I'm hurt but I chose to pretend

you know I love you

I know you love her

but in my heart I don't know anything.

I'm falling 4 you all over again

I know I'm blind, and I'm used to pretend

I know we're not close

but in me we were

oh...I can't help myself to fall 4 you again.

 

 

UNTIL NOW

A song for someone who had stolen my heart for how many years...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been years that I had waited

is it too hard for you to say it, directly

or am I the one who never understands how you feel..?

Many nights I hoped you'll call me

but until now my call log's still empty

what did I do,

I just loved you,

Don't you even care--- my heart will take a BOOM!

Now, now, now!

Just tell me-- how, how, how?

How would I forget you, oh woah!

Shout, shout, shout!

I wish I could let it out

Cause it's only breaking my heart..

... Until now...

-------------------------------------------

This song was composed by me--- a year ago.

Me on guitars, hymn, and lyrics.

Inspired by?? Hmmm.... this was made on the spot spontaneous writing--- but not a contest. I just want to right. That's all. Hehehe.

Well, actually, it is based on my experience. I just a girl who confessed to a guy--- and that guy never had a response to that. How would I take an 'okay' response for? Hah. I can't still over of him because of this. (sigh)

So? I hope you'll like it! Hahaha.

 

 

LIKE THE WIND

Hey... I saw you again,

and for the second time I chose to pretend.

Why? If you ask me then,

I'll suggest, you ask your friends.

Cause they know what I feel,

although I'm hiding what is real.

Try to look in my eyes, and you'll know everything that...

I've been trying to forget you

I might smile but inside it's hurting me too.

Every time I could see you

And you don't tend to look at me

for you I'm just something that passed by...

JUST LIKE THE WIND....

---------------------------------------

Naughty Notes! XD

This song is for someone I loved before... I confessed and got rejected. We are friends in facebook and text but when we met in person... nothing of the word 'friends' did exist. Hah. He's so... unpredictable!

</3

 

POEM #4

IT’S NOT A LIE

 

Here I am today

taking up my way

I'm so curious

and sort of nervous.

What should I say

when you said "hi"

What should I do

when you pass by?

Girl, I love you

since the day I make friends to you.

Girl, I need you

the first time you cried on my shoulders.

Girl, I want you to know

that I'm longing for your smile,

yeah, you made me fly to the sky

oh girl, it's not a lie.

Here I am today

thinking what to say

you're now looking at me

yeah, your really driving me crazy

Should I hold your hands

when were together?

Should I kiss your lips

when were drawn closer?

Girl, I love you

since the day I make friends to you.

Girl, I need you

the first time you cried on my shoulders.

Girl, I want you to know

that I'm longing for your smile,

yeah, you made me fly to the sky

oh girl, it's not a lie.

When I'm with you

I don't know what to do (yeah, right!)

When you're smiling at me

yeah, you're really driving me crazy (oohh..)

When I look in your eyes

I'm just like a melting ice (stupid)

But now I tell you

that everything that you do...

that's what made me fall in love with you!

Yeah, yeah!

Girl, I love you

since the day I make friends to you.

Girl, I need you

the first time you cried on my shoulders.

Girl, I want you to know

that I'm longing for your smile,

yeah, you made me fly to the sky

oh girl, it's not a lie.

 

 

POEM # 5

HEART SPEAKS

 

I'm only looking at you so far away

Coz I don't know what to do or I say

Yes, we are classmates and we"re good friends

But still I'm stocked in the end.

You are seated far away from me

But I still hear your voice so suddenly

I guess we were ten meters apart

That's why I'm dubious if I could still reach your heart.

And by the time, my heart could speak

louder than my voice, louder than my mind

I wish I could say the words " I like you"

directly on your face, hoping that I'll do...

I'm only listening when you laugh

with you friends, yeah that's enough

to make my day so complete

But I still hoped that I could speak.

Oh yes, I will

someday you'll see

I will tell you every thing

so please listen to me...

when my heart speaks.

 

 

 

 

POEM # 6

MY LITTLE HEART

 

Last night, when I closed my eyes

I saw a million lights

Focusing on my side,

and there I am, holding a mic.

I'm always dreaming about these things

scenes like I'm singing and playing

the chords of my heart, that I haven't forgotten,

the strings that bind my soul that will never be broken.

So by today! For the first time

I'm performing for a little while

Coz this is for my little heart

to heal its big, broken part.

Oh, my little heart.

Right now, I want to close my eyes

I want to play this music with alL the night

Wanting to melt this thick ice

so that you'll know what's real inside.

Oh, I don't want you to think

that I, myself never had a dream

Back then I wish " in time that I'm performing,

you'll be proud of me."

So by today! For the first time

I'm performing for a little while

Coz this is for my little heart

to heal its big, broken part.

Oh, my little heart.

 

 

POEM # 7

 

UNTOLD SETTING

Every time she closes her eyes

his face is on her mind.

Every time she bids her good byes

he held his heart and silently cry.

She doesn't know

that he's liking things she likes

He doesn't know

he's the one she needs in her life.

 

 

Two hearts

Can't talk

cos they're thinking they're not worthy

of that love, they thought it's silly

to confess their feelings.

Oh, will this have a happy ending?

This untold setting?

Every time he looks in her eyes

she smiles out of his sight

Every time she's with the other guys

he would hold his breath and sigh

She doesn't know

he likes her for a long time.

He doesn't know

he's the apple of her eyes.

Two hearts

Can't talk

cos they're thinking they're not worthy

of that love, they thought it's silly

to confess their feelings.

Oh, will this have a happy ending?

This untold setting?

In this untold setting

can I say something?

If you won't say a word

nothing will be heard.

She'll never know.

He'll never know.

Two hearts

Can't talk

cos they're thinking they're not worthy

of that love, they thought it's silly

to confess their feelings.

Oh, will this have a happy ending?

 

 

POEM #8

MY CONFESSION

Today I'm reading my diary again
reminding me how many times I have to pretend
all those laughs, all those smiles
were meant to cover all those cries.

I never had any regrets
that I chose to be just your friend
cos you never let me down; never let me frown
but why does my heart breaks when you're with her crowd?

I don't want you to know
but it pains me more if I don't let it go and say it loud to you.

This is what I feel
so please, will you hear?
it's my heart speaking
it's been silent for years.
and now I don't care
if you might hate me
please stay here; don't leave
and listen to this...
"I... love you."

I realized that day when I have those dreams
about you being sweet to me
it gave joy to my heart, honestly
all I want is you from the start...

I don't want you to know
but it pains me more if I don't let it go and say it loud to you.

This is what I feel
so please, will you hear?
it's my heart speaking
it's been silent for years.
and now I don't care
if you might hate me
please stay here; don't leave
and listen to this...
"I... love you."

No, I can't contain this anymore
so please just go
I don't want you to see my tears flow.
Don't look at me
those eyes with pity
please leave...
before I misunderstand how you feel.

Cos this'....

This is what I feel
so please, will you hear?
it's my heart speaking
it's been silent for years.
and now I don't care
if you might hate me
please stay here; don't leave
and listen to this...
"I... love you."

 

 

STORY TWO

MY MISCHIEVOUS GIRL

 

When I was born, my parents called me Lucky. Because I'm lucky with all the things. No offense but it's true. They said, I'm really born to be handsome, cool, and everything nice. Especially the wealth, talents, and brain. But, no matter I flatter myself, there is still lacking in my life. I wonder. I already have everything except for a right girlfriend.

My friends used to tease me that girls in this generations didn't like guys like me. Am I that really good to be true? Oh...it's really hard to be perfect, isn't it? But well...It's not the reason, i think. I'm just too picky when it comes to girls. I do have my own standards. I want a girl whose pretty enough to be like by someone, smart, tall, specifically with the height of 5'2, and of course sexy. Just like the princess in the fairy tales. You sure are thinking that I'm silly but, I tell you, most guys like a princess-type of girl.

But then, I met this girl named Yuuki. Well, based on my observations, she's really the kind of girl that I surely, and possibly not to fall in love. She's out of my standard lists. She's just cute, not pretty. Not so smart, not that tall but, in fairness, she's sexy. But I don't care if she's qualified to the vital stats. What really makes me dislike her is her personality of being naughty and involving always to troubles. And the only one I hate the most in this world is to be involved in trouble.

Speaking of troubles, I've been on it for the first time. And it's because of that mischievous girl.

I'm on my way home that time when I saw a shadow passed by me. It was really creepy! Really. But then I realized that that shadow seems familiar to me. Despite of my trembling knee, I still followed it, and on my surprise, that shadow was this girl! Yeah, the mischievous girl named Yuuki.


When I stepped forward, a crying and afraid 10-year old child came to me in a hurry and suddenly held my right arm. Dubiously, I asked him, " Hey. What's happening here?" He looked at me, nervously and with tears on his eyes. " Mister. Help that girl in there. I was...I was kidnapped by those bad guys a moment ago from our house. Gladly, that girl heard me when I shouted for help. She followed us and used her own strength to save me but unfortunately, it wasn't enough. So...so, she made a deal to them. And now, she's in great trouble! The-the kidnappers agreed that they'll let me out and go back to my parents but she---she'll be my replacement."


" What?!" Who the hell she thinks she is?! A super hero?

Because of my anger and sudden concern for Yuuki, I left that child and got inside the old building where I think that mischievous girl was.

" Hey! " The silly word I said to those guys by the time I entered the room! Oh, shoots! Am I really sure about this? Well, I have no more choice, I guess.

Those guys looked at me so angrily and disappointed. Wait, disappointed for what? For interfering with their torturing for Yuuki? I looked at her, not letting those guys noticed. She looked at me back, giving me a ' what are you doing here' look.

Oh, well! If I have super powers, I'll just  make ourselves vanish from this place of doom! If--- only if I have one. But I have nothing here. I'm not in martial arts either. Hmm...well, I did study taekwondo by the way. By that, I gained a little amount of courage.

" Hey, guys! " I started, " What if you let this girl here step out from your door? And I'll..." Oh! I don't know how to deceive these criminal-minded buddies of the society!

" And you'll what?!" said the big guy holding the rope that ties the both hands of Yuuki.

" I'll---I'll make some arrangements for your money! " I said it! The most damned fool idea I've ever made! Oh, Lee! What happened to your I.Q.?

The bigger guy, looking like the leader of this gang, stood up from his chair and said, " Are you trying to fool us, young man? " With a really scary, broad voice.

I became aback. I don't know what to do. I'm born to be honest, not to fool people. Ha. I want to laugh at my foolish self now! If I'm not just slightly scared, I would! I'm planning to say my next alibi when I heard the big guy just shouted and burst sinful words to Yuuki. here, I think, he just broke and lost his dignity as a man. Thanks to that girl, my foolish plan was ruined, again.

When she lose herself from being tied, she came to me. And I stared at her for a second. So pissed off, I said, " Ugh! You---! " I stopped, unknowingly. " What? " She said, mockingly.

And all I could do was sigh. That time, all we've done was to fight those bad guys until we lost our energy. Gladly, before they could took their revenge to us, police's sirens were heard all around the building. I think, that child made his way to help us. When I turned my face to Yuuki's direction, there she was, so exhausted. Sleeping. Just by that...I smiled, lifted her up and had driven her home. Days had passed, I didn't hear any  'thank you's' from her. But I don't know why, I felt it's okay with me now. Hah. This girl was really...incredible.

One night, when I was walking on my way to the gate of the school with some of my friends, I saw Yuuki on the bench. She was alone there. Lonely. I'm looking at her attentively.

" Hey, Lee." , called out Yo.

" Ah...what is it? " I asked.

Yo gave me a sinister look, really teasing one. " Don't look at her that way. She might melt. "

I snob, " You're crazy, Yo. Stop it. "

" Whoa! You're too serious, Lee. That's new. " And he would laugh at me.

" Yo---?!" I'm beginning to be pissed off not knowing why.

Having his hands on air, he said, " Okay! Calm down. " He leaned on me, " You know what I think?"

" What?"

" She got a date."

" What?!" I, too was shocked for my reaction.

" What's with that reaction?"

" Nothing", trying to be calm. " Oh! I forgot my other things at the fountain."

" We don't have a fountain." He said, mockingly.

"Whatever." I know, my alibi was a failure but I don't care.

" Don't wait for me!" I said, then run away.

" Oh! Silly boy." Yo said.

" He's in love with that girl, isn't he?" The other guys said.

Yo smiled, " I think so. "

And they left the school grounds.

I admit, I lied to the guys when I said that I forgot something. What I really want to do is to know if Yuuki had really a date. I came close to her when I make sure that Yo and the others are far away from us. I approached her.

"Hey! What are you doing here? Having a date?"

" Leave me alone", she solemnly replied.

I became serious, " Wait. Are you okay?"

" I said, leave me alone!" She screamed at me but I still insist to stay.

"What happened?" I asked again. This time, more gentle.

" Didn't you---" She paused when I got her arm.

" Tell me. Please, tell me." I looked at her seriously.

" Why should I? You don't care about me."

" I do." Yes, I really do. Always. And please don't ask me why cos I don't even know the answers.

" What?" She said in a low voice.

" Hm...uh...no---nothing." I let go of her arm. " What happened?"

" Nothing."

" I don't believe you."

" Then it's your problem if you won't believe me."

" What the---" I lost my patience again. " Ugh! Are you out of your mind?! Is it really hard for a girl like you to share something to a guy? I'm just concerned about you."

" Are you my boyfriend? You don't have the right to talk to me like that because I don't know you and you---don't know me."

" Then let's give time to know each other." I smiled.

" Don't joke around me, can you? There's so many girls out there who's available with your sweet lines. Reserve it for them. I don't need that."

"Why are you so direct about what you feel to me? Can't you just slow it down? You're not a girl with that kind of attitude."

" So what now? You don't care whatever I want to do. By the way it's my life not yours."

" Didn't you hear me a while ago? I said, I do! I care for you."

" Why?" She looked at me with tears growing in her eyes.

I gathered all my strength and said to her smilingly, " Because I love you. "

" What?" She laughed. " Didn't I tell you to stop joking around me?"

" You won't believe me, don't you?" I said, sounding so down-hearted.

" Absolutely, no. You know why? Because we had just met 10 months ago. And ten months are not enough to tell to somebody that you're in love with her." She pointed out.

" How ridiculous! Do you know the saying that time doesn't matter when it comes to love?"

" It's age." She corrected me.

" Whatever", I said mockingly. " But my point is that, do you really took time to realized that your in love with someone?"

" Yes. I really do. So that at the end, we will not going to regret all the wrong decisions I had done."

" Okay. What if. You waited for a long time to realize you're in love with someone. Then, when you realized that you are, it's already too late because he already loved someone else. Would you still mind the time if you already felt something special for someone?"

" Is it based from your experience or what?"

" Look, Yuuki. I'm serious about this."

" Obviously."

" If you felt something special or unique to someone and you already know that what you felt was love, don't wait for thousands of years before you confess and show it. That's just a waste of time, Yuuki."

" And so? What was my relation to it?"

" Don't you get it? Even though we've been together for just ten months, and mostly we're just fighting and bailing at each other, I want you to know that, by those times, I'm starting to know you, be close to you, be friends, to like you, to appreciate the bad and good things that you had, and to love you."

She just looked at me and suddenly smiled and laughed. And by those actions, I knew that she already knew what I meant about love.

After that night, we still have this enemy-relationship towards each other, but I have to admit that we became closer this time. Slowly, I know she's starting to like me. So, after the graduation on our high school, I decided to court her. She agreed. I'm so happy but it takes almost five years for me to attain her yes with my love.

And there was something I realized. That was the right situation where we had to take time to think over and over again. Maybe you are wondering, " How could this guy with full of standards and pride fell in love with the girl opposite of his likes?" Well...actually...hmm...I don't know. What I mean is, I'm not yet sure what was the right reason that I had loved her. All I know was that I love her not because but despite of her failures. That's what you can call a true love, I guess.

So, this was my life. I Hope you could relate.

=From: Lucky

~ THE END~

 

 

STORY THREE

 

HEARTLESS PRINCESS

The bright, lonely moon was out again in heaven. It was crescent, like the letter carved on my signet. Its light passed through the window of the neighboring house and I was just sitting on a branch, watching them.

 

“Mommy, please tell me a story.”

“Why, sweetie? Can’t you sleep?”

“Yeah.”

“Let me tell you a story of a girl who doesn’t have a heart.”

“I don’t want scary stories, mom.”

“It’s not scary, sweetie. It is a beautiful story indeed.”

“Is it?”

“Yes. The girl was beautiful. Her hair is as black as raven, her skin is a white feather of an angel, her eyes so peaceful like the blue sea, and her lips… her lips are like strawberries. She has the beauty, the brains, power and money. She even lives in a beautiful castle-like mansion. She has all human beings wanting in this material world. But there’s a thing odd about her. She doesn’t know how to smile. She doesn’t know… how to cry.”

“Is it because she doesn’t have a heart?”

“Yes.”

“But where did her heart go? Was it eaten by a dragon?”

“Ha-ha. No, sweetie. If the dragon had eaten her heart, she might not be alive.”

“I don’t understand. Why doesn’t she have a heart?”

“It was broken. Literally, broken.”

“…”

“Before she was born, a beautiful witch was rejected by her one and only love- the heartless princess father. She was angry and very jealous of the princess’ family so she casted a curse to the unborn heiress. She said, ‘the princess will have every material thing in this world. She will be beautiful and loving to all. But, she won’t be loved by anyone- even her own family will despise her. She will suffer the same pain I had with his father until her heart can’t contain it and will be turned into fragments, literally’. And when the princess was born, the curse had its effect. She lived a life where no one loves her. Even plants and animals will die with her presence, except for a crow. She was dubious of that event. The crow lives? But how?

“Every night, the crow’s entering her room without her notice. The black bird would take fragments of her heart placed on a wooden table using its short beak.”

“So the crow was a thief? Why is it taking the pieces of princess’ heart?”

“We could say the crow was stealing but who knows? Maybe he’s doing it for good.”

“For good..?”

“Let me continue the story. Ten nights had passed and the princess still had not noticed the crow’s actions. Until one night, in the last fragment of the princess’ heart, she woke up accidentally and saw the crow took the piece of her heart. With her curiosity, she followed the crow and was lead into the woods. She could hear human voices; one is a young man and the other sounded more like a pixie- a small fairy. But when she came closer, she only saw a cute pixie flying around the crow. Where’s the human?

‘Are you sure you want to do this?’ �" pixie

‘Yes. Fixing a broken heart is what I need to undo the curse of my stepmother’ �" crow

‘That filthy witch you are talking? She’s really bad, isn’t she? She turned you into a crow so that no lady would love you. Is it still because of her grudge to the king’s rejection?’ �" pixie

‘Yes it is. She died years ago but her spell was still on me. No lady was going to love me with this form.’ �" crow

‘Don’t worry, Raven. Who knows? Maybe that princess will love you back?’ �" pixie

‘How could she? She was known having no heart. Even the plants and animals died with her.’ �" crow

‘But you already had fixed her heart, haven’t you? I’m sure the curse on her will be broken.’ �" pixie

‘Maybe you’re right. But will she still love me though I’m not a prince? She’s a princess and I’m just a poor man cursed by his wicked stepmother.’ �" crow

“The crow put the last piece of the princess’ heart and a beautiful light came out. The heart was complete again. As it floats in the air, it formed into stardust and went around the princess who’s hiding behind a huge tree. The princess then smiled and cried because of too much happiness. She walked towards the crow and leaned in front of him, putting the crow on her hands.

‘You fixed my heart. Thank you.’

“The princess kissed the crow’s beak. And the crow, it’s just how all true love’s kiss effect- he came back to his human form �" a handsome young man. The princess stared at him with her mouth slightly opened because of disbelief.”

‘Hey, Princess. It’s not good having your mouth opened in front of a guy, you know that?’ �" Raven

‘Wha- what? Excuse me?’ �" Princess

‘Nevermind.’ �" Raven

“Raven made a sly smile and kissed the princess’ lips one more time.”

‘Thanks for saving me.’ �" Raven

‘No. Thanks for saving me.’ �" princess

“Raven just smiled while holding her in his arms.”

‘Tell me, are you really not a prince?’- princess

‘If I am not, won’t you love me back?’ �" Raven

‘Then if I am not a princess, won’t you love me?’ �" princess

‘I will love you still.’

‘Same goes for me. I will still love you even if you’re not a prince. I’d rather be in these dark woods with you than with the people who don’t love me.’

‘The curse was broken. They love you now.’

‘More than you do?’

‘Of course not.’

“They smiled and laughed. So, I guess you know what to say next, sweetie?”

 

The child was happily asleep. And her mother just closed the book and kissed her forehead. So, should I say the best line?

 

“They lived happily ever after. The end...”

 

AUTHOR’S NOTE

 

Again, thank you for reading this book! And here, I’d like you to have a glimpse of my new story totally inspired by a friend of mine. I hope you’ll continue on supporting me. Thanks again! To God be the glory!

 

 

 

COMING SOON…

 “I thought everything is okay. I thought everyone loves what I'm doing. I thought I know myself--- yet all of these are not true. I'm lost. Totally lost--- until he found me..." �" When I’m Lost  

 

 

© 2015 Jayce Em


Author's Note

Jayce Em
Please leave some comments about my works. Thank you! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
Added on May 23, 2015
Last Updated on May 23, 2015
Tags: compilation

Author

Jayce Em
Jayce Em

Bacolod City, 6, Philippines



About
Know me through my works. more..

Writing
Untold Untold

A Poem by Jayce Em


Until Now Until Now

A Poem by Jayce Em