Buyers Guide On Horizontal Stretch Wrappers

Buyers Guide On Horizontal Stretch Wrappers

A Story by Lissette Terzo

Stretch wrappers are machines that use stretch film to bind units together. This is widely used in the packing and shipping industry. Wrappers are most useful for wrapping products of all shapes and sizes and for bundling several different pieces of products or numerous cases into unit packages for easy transport. Stretch wrapping provides flexible and resilient packaging as well as protection from dust, dirt, and moisture. Stretch wrappers assist your workforce and workflow as they make more secure loads, require less wrapping material compared to manual application and increase quality and output performance.

Manual Application vs Machine Application

Depending on the size of packages that are being wrapped, industries can choose from either using a stretch wrap machine or manual application of stretch film. Using stretch wrap machines are typically appropriate when the packages that need to be stretch wrapped are stacked to a pallet or for some bundling needs depending on product and output requirements. Machines can also be suitable for odd large shape items like doors, and can be machine wrapped with select systems such as horizontal stretch wrappers. The use of stretch wrapping machines greater speed output with more secure loads compared to manual wrapping. Machine application is usually more cost effective than manual application for most wrapping operations with pallet output greater than 12 per day, however a packaging consultant can assist with determining cost efficiency and other benefits to see if a small operation is ready to upgrade.

Automatic vs. Semi-Automatic Stretch Wrappers

If you decide to use a stretch wrapper machine, you also have to decide whether to buy automatic or a semi-automatic stretch wrapping machine. Automatic stretch wrapping machines require absolutely no 
manual intervention and can work on their own. You just need to start the process. The semi-automatic machines, on the other hand, require manual operation up to a certain extent. Although fully automatic machines offer the highest level of efficiency (30 loads to 180 loads per hour), they are much more expensive, so the semi automatic stretch wrapping machine is usually preferred for smaller operations with lower output needs.

Lantech Stretch Wrapping Machines

A large variety of stretch wrapping equipment is available. Lantech is the creator of automated stretch wrapping technology and the brand leader. There are other quality brands but Lantech has maintained a leading edge with their research to continue to advance and improve system and product technology. Lantech's latest advancement was one that has revolutionized the way stretch wrapping is done and has changed the industry. Lantech's new stretch wrapping technology has changed the industry by eliminating film breaking from the process. It is called LeanWrap No Film Break Stretch Wrappers.

At time of this print, this was available on two Lantech stretch wrappers, however it was forecasted that their entire stretch wrap equipment line would be upgraded to utilize the new technology. There 
is no other product like this available. Lantech engineers and builds other high quality industrial packaging equipment; however they are best known for their stretch wrappers.

© 2015 Lissette Terzo


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3167 Views
Added on January 23, 2015
Last Updated on January 23, 2015

Author

Lissette Terzo
Lissette Terzo

ankara, ankara, Turkey



About
i was born in December 11, 1963. more..

Writing